Top 5 Business Analytics Certification Programs
Business analytics professionals are essential to organizations that want to stay competitive in the digital age. If you have a knack for numbers and an affinity for data analysis, you may be interested in acquiring one of the following business analytics certifications.
Our Top 5 Picks
1. Business Analytics Nanodegree (Udacity)
In the 3-month Udacity Business Analytics Nanodegree program, you will gain fundamental data skills that you can apply across functions and industries. Throughout the program, you will analyze and interpret data, build models, and visualize it using Tableau.
During this program, you will learn how to use SQL and Excel to solve business problems. Next, you’ll learn how to collect, analyze, and visualize data using key analytical tools. Finally, you’ll gain the necessary experience with modeling business scenarios and communicating insights.
- Welcome to the Program – Take a data-driven approach to make any business successful. In this course, you will get the general skills you need to answer critical questions about any business. Plus, you will learn how to use data to answer questions, including finding insights from data dashboards.
- Introduction to Data – In this course, you will learn data analysis, manipulation, and visualization so you can decide for yourself how to go about finding and communicating insights. Whether you are looking to improve your business efficiency or understand your customer’s behavior, this introductory data course will teach you what you need to know.
- SQL for Data Analysis – Learn how to use SQL to extract and analyze data stored in databases. By taking this course, you will be able to use SQL to extract information such as the users, products, and transactions in a database.
- Data Visualization – Learn how to create data visualizations that are effective, informative, and visually attractive. This course will provide you with the tools and resources you need to create beautiful data dashboards that help you communicate your business goals, answer questions, and understand your data.
For more information, read our review of the Udacity Business Analytics Nanodegree.
2. MicroMasters® Program in Analytics: Essential Tools and Methods (Georgia Tech)
Learn how to use essential R, Python, SQL, and other analytics tools to achieve your business goals. With the MicroMasters® Program in Analytics: Essential Tools and Methods, you will be able to understand how to use models and methods to get the most out of your data.
This business analytics certification program is entirely online and contains 3 graduate-level courses from the Georgia Institute of Technology. With the MicroMasters program, you will learn how to collect and store data, how to process and analyze data, and how to visualize data to drive business decisions. But the only downside is that it’s pricier than the other business analytics certification programs.
- Introduction to Analytics Modeling – Learn how to use R to retrieve insights that will help you make better decisions. With this knowledge, you will be able to improve the quality and accuracy of your data analysis through analytical models and methods.
- Analysis Techniques – Get started in programming today with this hands-on introduction to data analysis. First, you will learn about the basics of algorithms, data structure, and data interpretation. Next, this course provides you with the skills you need to build sophisticated data analyses and machine learning models. Finally, you can use these skills with real-world datasets and mash-up programming languages such as R, Python, and SQL in Jupyter Notebooks.
- Data Analytics for Business – Find out how to use data analytics to understand your business and make strategic decisions. This course provides the skills and knowledge you need to become a data analytics leader in your organization.
3. Business Analyst Career Path (DataQuest)
The Business Analyst Career Path from Dataquest is a beginner-friendly career path consisting of a mix of coursework and projects to help prepare you to become a professional business analyst.
Throughout the program, you will learn practical SQL, Excel, and Microsoft Power BI skills that will help you analyze data, communicate insights and make data-driven decisions. After completing this business analyst certification program, you will gain the skills you need to make a real impact on any organization in need of business intelligence.
- Scripting with Python – Get up to date with the latest data analysis techniques so you can make better decisions. This course will teach you how to use Excel to analyze data and make insights that matter. From pivot tables to descriptive statistics and data visualization, this course will help you create informative reports that can help you be a stronger decision-maker.
- Fundamentals of SQL – Get up to speed with the basics of SQL. The course is designed to teach you the most important concepts and to help you develop your knowledge in this important data-processing language.
- Analyzing Data with PowerBI – Get a deeper understanding of your data by using PowerBI to analyze it. You’ll be able to see how your data behaves, how it changes over time, and how it compares to other data sets. With PowerBI, you can analyze your data in ways that are impossible with other software. Take advantage of its features to get insights into your data that you never thought possible.
4. MicroBachelors® Program in Business Analytics Foundations (SNHU)
Get a handle on complex business problems using the tools of business analytics. The online MicroBachelors® Program in Business Analytics Foundations consists of 2 university-level courses worth 6 academic credits.
This 8-month business analytics certification program is entirely self-paced and online designed by SNHU. Some of the core topics this program covers are Python scripting, applied statistics, and developing a functional Python application.
- Scripting with Python – Enhance your coding skills with this course that covers the basics of Python programming. You will learn how to create Python applications, use industry-standard best practices, and follow correct syntax and conventions.
- Applied Statistics with Python – Get the tools you need to analyze data and make decisions with precision. Learn how to use statistical methods to identify trends, find relationships, and make predictions.
5. Business Process Analytics in R (DataCamp)
Get the skills you need to analyze and extract actionable insights from vast sets of event data in R. With the Business Process Analytics in R program from DataCamp, you can prepare data to build valuable models to predict business behavior.
After completing this business analytics certification program, you will understand the process of mining data and how to model business processes. This program covers everything from analysis techniques and data processing to real case studies.
- Introduction to Process Analysis – Understand the process by which your business functions and identify areas of improvement. Learn how to use process data to make informed decisions through extraction, processing, and analysis.
- Analysis Techniques – Learn how to use analysis techniques to understand the structure and organizational perspective of your system. This will help you improve the way you organize your work, improve communication and performance, and optimize efficiency.
- Event Data Processing – Learn how to process data efficiently and effectively to achieve your desired results. This event data processing course will teach you how to filter, aggregate events, and enrich data to obtain accurate and meaningful insights.
- Case Study – Put all your skills together in a final case study. You will gain an in-depth understanding of the order-to-cash process and the order-to-cash process to find meaningful answers to a business problem.
Top 5 Business Analytics Certification Programs
Because businesses are becoming more digital, data-driven marketing has become a necessary part of every company’s operational strategy.
With the right skills and knowledge, these individuals can help companies make informed decisions about their operations, improve business processes, and more.
If you have a knack for numbers and an affinity for data analysis, you may be interested in acquiring one of the following business analytics certifications.
Have you tried any of these business analytics courses? If you have, we’d love to hear from you. Please use our comment form below.