Top C++ Certification Programs
C++ is one of the most popular general-purpose programming languages and is widely used across many different industries for applications that require high performance and efficiency. This article will introduce you to C++ certification programs to master this programming language.
Our Top 5 Picks
1. C++ Developer Nanodegree Program (Udacity)
Learn coding in a professional and immersive online setting. The C++ Developer Nanodegree Program will teach you the fundamental skills to become a C++ programmer, which powers everything from self-driving cars to web browsers and operating systems.
Get the skills you need to build real-world applications. Take on five challenging and real-world projects that will help you learn the basics of C++ programming. This program covers the core concepts of C++ including OOP, memory management, and concurrency.
- C++ Foundations – Get started in the world of C++, and learn the essentials so you can become an effective programmer. Learn essential C++ skills and fundamentals including syntax, functions, and containers.
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) – Get a comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming in a short period of time. After completing this course, you will be able to create clean, reusable C++ code and learn how to build classes and interfaces.
- Memory Management – Get up to speed with memory management in C++, from the basics of pointers and references to more complex issues. In this course, you will learn how to effectively manage memory, use pointers, and use references to control memory allocation and access.
- Concurrency – Learn how to use C++ to run multiple execution paths in parallel, and use thread synchronization and communication to achieve durable and efficient code. Finally, explore the full potential of C++ concurrency to achieve overlapping tasks.
- C++ Capstone Project – You will be able to build your own application using the core concepts from this Nanodegree program. By the end of the capstone project, you will be able to implement object-oriented programming, memory management, and concurrency to create a powerful C++ application.
For more information, read our review of the Udacity C++ Nanodegree.
PREREQUISITES: This program requires intermediate programming knowledge in any language.
2. Professional Certificate in C++ Programming Essentials (IBM)
Develop the skills you need to succeed and build a satisfying career. The Professional Certificate in C++ Programming Essentials from IBM contains 3 skill-building courses covering the essential skills of C++.
First, you’ll improve your C++ programming skills by learning foundational concepts. Secondly, you’ll explore object-oriented concepts with hands-on practice. Finally, you’ll familiarize yourself with C++ data structures and algorithms.
INFORMATION: This program consists of 3 skill-building courses and takes 5 months to complete.
3. Professional Certificate in C++ Programming: A Hands-on Introduction (Codio)
The Professional Certificate in Introduction to C++ Programming from Codio is a 4-month program with 3 skill-building courses. Each course will help you improve your C++ development skills with hands-on coursework.
Whether you want to learn variables, operators, loops, conditionals, functions, or object-oriented concepts, this program allows you to expand your professional horizons and enhance your understanding of one of the most in-demand languages in software development.
INFORMATION: This program consists of 3 skill-building courses and takes 4 months to complete.
4. C++ Learning Path (Pluralsight)
Start your coding journey with a solid foundation in the C++ Learning Path. Learn the fundamentals of C++ including its algorithms and data structures, containers, updating legacy code, and more.
You’ll master the most essential skills for a career in software engineering. This course will be useful for those who are starting out in C++ programming because it covers all the basics that you can show potential employers.
INFORMATION: This 13-course program contains 44 hours of coursework.
5. Coding for Everyone: C and C++ Specialization (University of California, Santa Cruz)
The C and C++ Specialization will provide you with a strong foundation for anyone currently working in C++. It is also the perfect course for those who want to learn the basics of the C programming language.
Learn C++ at your pace and on your time with the C and C++ Specialization from the University of California, Santa Cruz. First, this course teaches you C fundamentals with 2 skill-building courses. Next, you’ll learn C++ including algorithms and object-oriented programming.
INFORMATION: This 4-course program takes approximately 6 months to complete.
Top C++ Certification Programs
The changing nature of jobs and industries means that people need to have a more flexible skill set than ever before in order to be successful.
A good programming language is a must-have if you want to succeed in today’s technology-driven world. C++ has better performance utilizing fewer resources because you have direct access to memory.
If you are looking to break into the software development industry or advance your current career as a programmer, then learning a programming language is one of the best things you can do right now.
Have you tried any of these C++ certification courses? Please let us know in the comments section below.