3 Online Corporate Finance Courses and Certification Programs
Top 3 Corporate Finance Certification Programs
The finance industry is constantly evolving, and so should your skills. This article will discuss how you can attain corporate finance certification through online learning from various universities and institutes.
Our Top 3 Picks
1. Professional Certificate in Corporate Finance (Columbia University)
The Professional Certificate in Corporate Finance is a 3-month online program from Columbia University (NYC). This corporate finance certificate program is designed to help you understand the principles of finance in order to make sound business decisions.
Throughout the program, you will gain a deep understanding of how a company’s equity and debt are structured, and how this affects its risk. This will help you make informed decisions when investing in or taking on new equity and debt opportunities. Finally, this certificate program will help you measure the return on any project and other important corporate finance concepts.
- Introduction to Corporate Finance – Understand the basics of investments and financial analysis in corporations. This course will teach you how to value stocks and bonds as well as understand how company performance affects stock prices to make informed investment decisions. Next, you will learn about the different ways to value assets and understand how to measure the return on any given project. By the end of this course, you will be able to make informed decisions about which projects to take part in for a corporation and how to value assets.
- Free Cash Flow Analysis – Get a handle on how to value a business and project your free cash flow. Specifically, you will learn how to value a firm using the Enterprise Discounted Cash Flow Method by using future returns. You will also gain a better understanding of your residual value and valuation using multiples.
- Risk & Return – Get the skills you need to manage risk and return on equity and debt. In this course, you will learn how to measure risk and expected return. Next, you’ll gain a better understanding of equity and debt and compute the weighted average cost of capital. Overall, this course is designed to help you make more informed decisions about equity and debt.
PREREQUISITES: This self-paced program contains 3 skill-building courses in a period of 3 months.
2. Applied Corporate Finance Professional Certificate (University of Cambridge)
Get the education and training you need to be successful in corporate finance. Earn a Professional Certificate in Applied Corporate Finance, and learn how to grow and safeguard stakeholder value, apply accrual accounting, and model financial risk.
Gain a deep understanding of the financial industry in relation to corporate finance. This corporate finance certificate will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to assess opportunities, understand private equity, and evaluate capital providers.
- Building Stakeholder Value – Learn about and use the concepts of stakeholder value to improve the performance of your business. Learn how to become a financial analyst including how to identify and assess project evaluation, net present value, discounted cash flow techniques, and more.
- Financial Accounting and Capital Markets – Learn about how to understand and use financial accounting and capital markets to make informed business decisions. This course will help you understand and apply the concepts of depreciation, amortization, revaluation, and capitalization in a business.
PREREQUISITES: This self-paced program contains 2 skill-building courses in a period of 3 months.
3. Professional Certificate in Corporate Finance and Valuation Methods (New York Institute of Finance)
The Professional Certificate in Corporate Finance and Valuation Methods consists of 6 skill-building courses from the New York Institute of Finance. This self-paced corporate finance certification is 100% online and takes 5 months to complete.
Throughout the program, you will learn how to use financial models, DCF calculations, and other valuation methods to make informed decisions about the future of your business. Gain the knowledge and skills you need to understand everything from the cost of capital to corporate funding and financial strategies.
- Fundamentals of Financial Mathematics and Capital Budgeting – Get a comprehensive understanding of the financial mechanics that underlie capital budgeting. This course will help you create effective capital budgeting plans and understand the various determinants of value.
- Cost of Capital – Take the course and learn about the cost of capital and its implications for corporate & funding decisions. This course covers the costs of debt capital, convertible debt, and equity.
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Other Valuation Methodologies – Get an understanding of how to use discounted cash flow (DCF) and other valuation methodologies in corporate finance.
- Option Pricing and Applications in Capital Budgeting and Corporate Finance – Get a thorough understanding of Option Pricing and applications in capital budgeting and corporate finance so you can understand how to price and value a business.
- Corporate Funding Alternatives and Financing Strategies – Get a better understanding of corporate funding alternatives and financing strategies. This course will provide you with knowledge in financing privately held companies and raising capital in public markets.
- Corporate Finance and Valuation Methods Professional Certificate Examination – Get your professional certificate in Corporate Finance and Valuation Methods from the New York Institute of Finance. Complete the required exam and receive the Professional Certificate in Corporate Finance and Valuation Methods.
PREREQUISITES: This self-paced program contains 6 skill-building courses in a period of 5 months.
Online Corporate Finance Certification Programs
Whether you’re a recent college graduate or someone who has spent the last several years in another profession, you don’t have to settle for working jobs that are out of your reach.
A finance professional is expected to be able to identify and evaluate financial instruments and services. They should also understand the importance of financial analysis, risk management, and other aspects of corporate finance.
Have you taken of these corporate finance certificate programs? Please let us know about it in the comment section below. Or check out some of the financial analyst courses that are also available.
What Is Your Number? 7 Careers That Use Numbers
The Top 10 Best Paying Tech Jobs
What Does a Business Analyst Do?
The 3 Best Financial Analyst Certification and Courses
The 3 Best Product Manager Courses and Certification Online
Best Microsoft Excel Courses and Certification Online
3 Online Corporate Finance Courses and Certification Programs
5 Best Business Analytics Courses for Online Learning