Top Cybersecurity for Beginners Certification Programs
To become an effective cybersecurity specialist, you need to learn to crawl before you walk. Let’s break down the top cybersecurity for beginners certification programs so you can start with the basics of protecting your organization from cyberattacks and confidently upgrade your skills to pursue your career goals.
Our Top 3 Picks
1. Introduction to Cybersecurity Nanodegree (Udacity)
Enhance your career. The Introduction to Cybersecurity Nanodegree program will provide you with the skills and knowledge to gain a solid footing in the field of cybersecurity. Gain a new skill set in this high-demand field.
Build and learn the foundational skills you need to start your career in cybersecurity. Learn how to keep your organization’s systems safe with this Cybersecurity Nanodegree Program.
- Cybersecurity Foundations – Gain a foundation in cybersecurity with this course designed by experts. From managing risk to securing systems, this course covers the basics to help you understand how to protect your organization. You will also be better prepared to detect and prevent cyberattacks.
- Defending and Securing Systems – You will learn what it takes to secure computer systems and how to use the best practices of defense in depth to guard against future attacks. Gain insight into the most commonly exploited vulnerabilities and learn how to protect your organization from cyberattacks through encryption.
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance – This course will provide a comprehensive understanding of the functions of Governance, Risk, and Compliance, how each function operates, and how they strengthen an organization’s cybersecurity.
2. Professional Certificate in Essentials of Cybersecurity (University of Washington)
Improve your skills and knowledge in cybersecurity protection. Get a Professional Certificate in Essentials of Cybersecurity so you can be a better prepared and confident leader in the field.
Learn the basics of cybersecurity, from the basics of data protection to more advanced topics such as intrusion detection and prevention. Finally, you will build your cybersecurity toolkit and get the tools you need to be a successful cybersecurity professional.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity – Learn about the basics of cybersecurity, from the basics of data security to more advanced topics like the different threat actors. This course is perfect for learners who are curious about the world of Internet security and who want to be literate in the field.
- Cybersecurity: The CISO’s View – Learn about the importance of cybersecurity and the role played by CISO in the industry. This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to identify cybersecurity tools that can protect your organization from cyber threats.
- Building a Cybersecurity Toolkit – Learn how to build your own security toolkit, and use it to protect your business. Take the course and build the skills you need to make your cybersecurity career more successful.
- Finding Your Cybersecurity Career Path – Get tips and advice on how to find the right path for you in cybersecurity, and complete a self-assessment project that will help you better understand your interests and skills.
3. Fundamentals of Cybersecurity Skill Path (Codecademy)
Get a handle on the most fundamental concepts of cybersecurity so you can protect your business and your personal information from cyber-attacks.
The Fundamentals of Cybersecurity Skill Path from Codecademy week help you learn to defend yourself against the latest cyber threats using strategies from CompTIA’s Security+ Certification.
- Welcome to the Fundamentals of Cybersecurity Skill Path – Get started in cybersecurity with this introductory guide that outlines key concepts you will learn.
- Why Cybersecurity? – In this course, you will learn about the importance of Cybersecurity, the different ways it can be used, and some of the ways it can be breached.
- Cyber Attacks – Get a handle on the most common cyber attacks so you can stay safe online and you can defend your business better.
- Cybersecurity Assessment and Research – Get a handle on the cyber threats that are happening right now and how to assess the risks through research.
- Review of Fundamentals of Cybersecurity – Take your knowledge of cybersecurity and put it to use. Learn about the next steps that you can take in cybersecurity.