Top 5 Cybersecurity Certification Programs
In today’s digital world, cyberattacks are becoming increasingly common. In order to keep pace, it’s essential that all businesses stay secure. If you’re new to the field or undecided about your future direction, cybersecurity certification programs could be a good way for you to get started.
Our Top 5 Picks
1. Enterprise Security Nanodegree (Udacity)
Get ahead of the trends in security and protect your company’s data from unauthorized access. In the Enterprise Security Nanodegree, you will learn about the latest technologies to keep data safe and confidential.
Get the skills you need to build secure systems in an enterprise setting. From this nanodegree program, you will learn how to design, implement, and maintain security systems, as well as identify and mitigate security risks.
- Enterprise Perimeter and Network Security – Learn about the current security landscape, understand how to protect your organization’s perimeter and design secure networks that comply with industry best practices.
- Enterprise Endpoint Security – Learn how to protect your devices and workflows, and keep your data safe and secure. This course will give you the skills and knowledge to secure your devices, workflows, and data.
- Enterprise-Wide Application Security – Learn how to mitigate and defend your applications from the attacks of the world. This course is designed for cybersecurity professionals and software developers who are responsible for developing and maintaining applications in an enterprise environment.
- Enterprise Data Security – Learn about data governance, protect confidential data, and backup your data. Get ahead of the curve and protect your business data today with this comprehensive course about enterprise data security.
2. Professional Certificate in IBM Cybersecurity Fundamentals (IBM)
Get a Professional Certificate in IBM Cybersecurity Fundamentals that will help you understand the current threats to organizations and individuals, and how to protect yourself. Get certified and learn the basics so that you can protect your information and systems from potential threats.
This 5-month online program contains 4 skill-building courses so you can earn how to protect your systems and data from unauthorized access and exploitation. From cybersecurity roles to compliance and database security, get the skills you need to protect your systems from vulnerabilities.
- Cybersecurity Basics – Learn the basics of cybersecurity and how to protect yourself from cybercrime. This course covers the history and nature of cybercriminals, the different types of cyberattacks, the defensive measures you can take to mitigate cyber threats, and more.
- Cybersecurity Roles and Operating System Security – Get a foundational understanding of the different cybersecurity roles and technologies. Learn about the security risks associated with any system and the best ways to protect data.
- Cybersecurity Compliance and System Administration – This course will teach you how to secure your systems and comply with industry standards. You will also learn about the basics of server administration.
- Basic Network and Database Security – Get an understanding of how to safeguard your organization from cyberattacks and data breaches. Finally, you will get a background in basic networking and data protection so you can understand how to safeguard your organization from cybersecurity attacks.
3. MicroBachelors® Program in Cybersecurity Fundamentals (NYU)
The MicroBachelors® Program in Cybersecurity Fundamentals offers 6 academic credits during a one-year program that will teach students the essential cybersecurity competencies. The program is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to be successful cybersecurity professionals.
Throughout the MicroBachelors® Program, you can learn how to protect any system by implementing essential security design principles. By the end of this program, you will learn how to create and maintain secure systems, identify and prevent vulnerability, and defend against data breaches.
- Introduction to Information Security (Information Security) – Get a crash course in information security from the experts. This course covers the basics of security, from threat modeling to security policy.
- Authentication and Access Control (Information Security) – Get an overview of the basics of cryptography and access control, in order to protect your information. This course is designed for individuals who want to know more about authentication.
- Advanced topics Control (Information Security) – Get up to date with the latest security technologies and strategies, including injection attacks, privacy software, cryptocurrency, and more.
- Introduction (Network Security) – Get a deep understanding of how malicious users attack networks, and how to secure your network against these attacks.
- Protocols (Network Security) – Understanding the cryptographic algorithms used in networking protocols will help you protect your networks and systems from unauthorized access and data theft.
- Advanced Topics (Network Security) – Learn about advanced security topics, such as network security monitoring and perimeter security.
- Discovering Vulnerabilities (Penetration Testing) – Penetration testing is the process of finding and exploiting security flaws in digital systems. By learning the basics of penetration testing, you’ll be able to successfully identify potential vulnerabilities in your system.
- Exploitation (Penetration Testing) – Learn the basic concepts of penetration testing, from the foundation all the way up to exploitation development and web application exploitation. This comprehensive course will teach what you need to know in order to exploit your target system including debugging and reverse engineering.
- Post Exploitation (Penetration Testing) – Learn post-exploitation phases of penetration testing and other advanced penetration testing topics.
4. MicroMasters® Program in Cybersecurity (RIT)
Get a comprehensive understanding of the basics of networks and systems administration so you can protect your business from cyberattacks. The online MicroMasters® Program in Cybersecurity has 5 graduate-level courses from the Rochester Institute of Technology.
First, you will learn how to protect your computer networks and other systems from attacks, vulnerabilities, and monitoring problems. Next, you will learn how to identify and prevent unauthorized access to your systems. Finally, you will get a taste of the world of digital forensics and practice in a real-world scenario.
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals – Get ahead of the threats and protect your business with the help of this course. This course will teach you the basics of how to detect cyber threats and how to protect your systems and networks.
- Computer Forensics – Gain the skills and knowledge you need to investigate computer crimes. This course will teach you about digital evidence collection and analysis with the tools and techniques you need.
- Cybersecurity Risk Management – Get ahead of the cyber threat and learn how to mitigate, assess and reduce the risk of cyber incidents. This course provides you with the skills and knowledge you need to understand and manage cyber risk.
- Network Security – Get a handle on the security threats that face your business, and how to reduce the risk of data breaches. Learn how to detect and prevent attacks, understand how to collect evidence, and develop contingency plans.
- Cybersecurity Capstone – During the Cybersecurity Capstone, you will carry out what you learned during the course and put them into action. For instance, this includes the implementation of a security solution, carrying out digital forensic investigations, and detecting network intrusions.
5. Securing Express Applications Skill Path (Codecademy)
The Securing Express Applications Skill Path will help you learn how to secure your Express applications with the help of the OWASP Top Ten.
Experts at Codecademy will show you how to detect and prevent cyber attacks on your Express applications, and give you tips to improve your security posture.
- Introduction to Securing Express Applications – Get a complete understanding of the security considerations for your web applications. In this course, you’ll learn how to secure your web applications using the most common techniques and strategies.
- User Authentication & Authorization – Take advantage of our user authentication and authorization course to increase your security and efficiency in your express web application.
- Data Security – Get started on securing your Express application with this data security course. This course will teach you the basics of data security and how to protect your Express application from unauthorized access.