7 Best Data Management Certification Programs
Top 7 Data Management Certification Programs
If you analyze or store any type of digital records, data management is one of the most important aspects. This is especially true with the expansion of big data. Businesses need to be able to access and analyze their data efficiently. In order to effectively manage data, you can enroll in data management certification. Read more to find out the different types of courses that are available.
Our Top 7 Picks
1. Data Cleaning with Python Skill Path (Dataquest)
Improve your data analysis skills with the Data Cleaning with Python Skill Path. During this program, you will learn how to clean, manipulate, and analyze data with Python.
Get up to speed with Pandas and NumPy, two of the most popular Python data analysis libraries. By following this skill path, you will also learn data visualization with Matplotlib and Seaborn. Get started today with the Data Cleaning with Python Skill Path from Dataquest.
- Introduction to Python – Get started with Python today, and learn all you need to know to be a productive programmer. This beginner-friendly Python course will teach you functions, dictionaries, conditional statements, and more.
- Pandas and NumPy Fundamentals – Get a handle on the basics of data analysis using pandas and NumPy. This course covers data visualization tools like Seaborn and Matplotlib.
- Data Cleaning and Analysis – Get a head start on your data cleaning needs and learn how to use the most effective tools to clean and analyze your data. This course includes a walk-through project so you can get hands-on skills.
INFORMATION: This beginner-friendly program contains 9 projects and takes approximately 3 months to complete.
2. Data Analyst Nanodegree (Udacity)
Get the training you need in data management from the Udacity Data Analyst Nanodegree. With this program, you’ll be able to use Python, SQL, and statistics to understand complex data and make data-driven decisions.
You will get ahead with your programming skills and learn to manipulate data for analysis. By the end of this program, you will get the tools you need to work with messy datasets and make complex data analyses.
- Introduction to Data Analysis – Get a handle on all the basics of data analysis, from data wrangling to data investigation. This course will teach you how to use NumPy and Pandas to manipulate and process data and show you how to use these tools to create insights and explanations for your findings.
- Practical Statistics – Get a clear understanding of how data affects business decisions with this practical course. You’ll learn how to analyze data and make informed decisions with inferential statistics and A/B testing.
- Data Wrangling – Get started with data wrangling and analysis today. This course will teach you how to gather, clean, and analyze data in Python. Overall, this course is perfect for data scientists who want to learn how to take data and make it valuable.
- Data Visualization with Python – Learn how to use Python to explore data, create compelling stories, and apply visual principles. This course will teach you how to use data analysis tools to make informed decisions.
PREREQUISITES: This Nanodegree program recommends having knowledge of Python and SQL.
3. MicroBachelors® Program in Data Management with Python and SQL (SNHU)
Get the most out of your data by learning how to design, analyze, and manage complex business data systems with the online MicroBachelors® Program in Data Management with Python and SQL (available for college credits).
Throughout the online program, you will use SQL and Python to access and analyze the data you need. By the end of the program, you get a better understanding of how data is used by your business and improve your efficiency with structured databases.
- Scripting with Python – In this course, you will be introduced to the Python programming language and learn how to use it for data management. You will learn how to create powerful scripts that will help you meet your business goals. By the end of this course, you’ll know how to write scripts that conform to industry best practices with the most common syntax and conventions.
- Structured Database Environments with SQL – This course provides an in-depth understanding of how to design, construct, manage, and operate SQL-based databases for the purpose of data entry and manipulating data. In this course, you will learn how to build, select, and manage a database using Structured Query Language (SQL). Finally, you will learn how to populate, import, export, and analyze SQL outputs.
INFORMATION: This online program contains 2 high-quality courses with 6 academic credits.
4. Data Manipulation with Python Skill Track (DataCamp)
Get the skills you need to improve your data management and wrangling skills. Learn how to use pandas for data manipulation, extract insights from data, and make better data governance decisions.
In the Data Manipulation with Python Skill Track, you will get your data manipulation skills up and running with 5 skill-building courses. When you complete this program, you will be able to create visualizations, perform data analysis, and explore relationships between data sets.
- Data Manipulation with pandas – Get the skills you need to manipulate data in Python, and calculate summary statistics to get a better understanding of your data.
- Joining Data with pandas – Learn how to join data from multiple tables and explore how to make better decisions with more efficient reporting.
- Analyzing Police Activity with pandas – Learn about the impact of gender on policing in the Stanford Open Policing Project dataset and explore how it affects different aspects of policing.
- Introduction to Databases in Python – This course will teach you the basics of relational databases, including how to create, manage, query, and use fields and tables. Finally, you will learn how to use Python to interact with relational databases.
INFORMATION: This online program contains 4 courses with 16 hours of coursework.
5. Programming for Data Science with R Nanodegree (Udacity)
Improve your understanding of SQL and R with the Programming for Data Science with R Nanodegree. During this program, you will get up to speed on data science while getting some hands-on experience with a cutting-edge programming language.
Get a data science nanodegree that prepares you for the rigors of data analysis, data visualization, and version control. With the R Nanodegree, you will learn how to use the most popular open-source data analysis tools like R, Git, and the command line.
- Introduction to SQL – Take a course that will teach you how to use SQL to manage data. This will help you improve your data management skills, and help you learn how to query and analyze data using JOINs and aggregation.
- Introduction to R Programming – Get up to speed with the basics of R programming, one of the most popular programming languages in the world. This course will teach you how to manipulate data, how to make graphs with ggplot2, and how to do statistical analysis.
- Introduction to Version Control – Get a handle on version control and share your projects with other data scientists. This course will teach you everything you need to know to manage and work with Git.
INFORMATION: This online nanodegree program has no prerequisites.
6. Data Manipulation with R Skill Track (DataCamp)
Improve your data wrangling skills with the Data Manipulation with R Skill Track. In this program from DataCamp, you will learn to clean your data in a way that is efficient using packages like data.table and dplyr.
This skill track makes it easier to get insights from complex data sets, and it makes for an extremely powerful data analysis tool. By the end of this skill track, you can learn how to explore, visualize, and analyze complex data sets.
- Data Manipulation with dplyr – Get hands-on experience with data manipulation and analysis with this course geared towards dplyr package.
- Joining Data with dplyr – Get a better understanding of the power of data analysis in R. Learn how to combine data from multiple tables to answer more complex questions with dplyr.
- Case Study: Exploratory Data Analysis in R – Use packages like dplyr and ggplot2 to visualize and analyze the historical voting of the United Nations General Assembly.
- Data Manipulation with data.table in R – Get hands-on training on how to manipulate data using data.table in R. This course will teach you how to filter, select, and calculate groupwise statistics using data.table.
- Joining Data with data.table in R – This course will teach you how to use data.table to analyze and merge data in an R environment.
INFORMATION: This online program contains 5 courses with 20 hours of coursework.
7. Data Analysis for Business Career Path (Codecademy)
Learn Python for business professionals and get started on your career in data analytics. By learning Python, you will be able to manipulate data, analyze it for trends, and make informed business decisions.
Get a better understanding of your data and the various ways you can use it to make decisions. By the end of the Data Analysis for Business Career Path, you can develop strategies to improve your skills in data manipulation, statistics, visualization, and SQL.
- Python Fundamentals – Get started with Python the right way, in a course that is both informative and interactive. From the basics of syntax to modules, this course will teach you everything you need to know to be successful in Python.
- Data Manipulation – Learn how to manipulate data with pandas, making it easier and faster for you to get the results you need. This pandas course will teach you everything you need to know about data manipulation with pandas data in a more efficient and effective way.
- Statistics – Learn hypothesis testing and summary statistics to find insights into your data.
- Data Visualization – Learn how to create visually appealing data visualizations that will help you communicate your findings.
- SQL Fundamentals – Get up to speed with the basics of SQL in this course and learn how to use it to administer your data. This course is designed for people who want to learn about SQL and use it to extract information from databases.
INFORMATION: Earn a certificate of completion after completing this career path.
Data management certification will help you understand how to design a scalable database system that integrates with other systems and provides users with the information they need efficiently and accurately.
You can learn about everything from designing tables and indexes to using normalization and partitioning for efficient storage management.
We hope you enjoyed this list of the top data management certification courses. Do you have any questions or comments? We’d love to hear from you. Please send us some feedback with the comment form below.
Related Data Analysis
7 Data Analysis Tools in Excel
An Insider’s Guide to Becoming a Data Analyst – From Basics to Pro
25 Essential Data Science Tools
The Statistics Skills Every Data Scientist Needs to Master
How To Become A Data Analytics Manager
What’s the Difference Between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist?
10 Statistics for Data Science Certification [Online Learning]
A Primer on Data Science in Government: From Projects to Problems