Top Data Privacy Certification Programs
For any organization that handles sensitive data, it’s important to understand and accept the consequences of not adhering to strict privacy standards.
Unbeknownst to many, personal information is a valuable commodity and is subject to cyberattacks.
With the ever-present threat of cyberattacks growing, businesses need to take stronger measures to protect their confidential data.
To achieve this, today’s businesses can obtain a data privacy certification from a provider like the ones in this list.
1. Data Privacy Nanodegree (Udacity)
The Udacity Data Privacy Course will teach you everything you need to know about data protection, from the basics of enterprise risk management and data encryption to more advanced techniques like compliance assessments and data integrity.
Get the skills you need to protect your data, and stay ahead of the curve in the data privacy field. By the end of the program, you will get a holistic view of data privacy issues in business and learn best practices that can be implemented in physical or virtual office environments.
- Why Privacy – This introductory course into data privacy evaluates the different threats to privacy and examines ways to protect sensitive data with information security.
- Improving Privacy through Enterprise Risk Management – Learn how to manage and protect your business data, from the inside out. This course will help you improve your privacy posture by introducing you to the most effective standard data privacy protection frameworks. It will also assist in developing data privacy governance processes and identifying and assessing your privacy risks, so you can make informed decisions about how to protect your data.
- Data Privacy in Business – Take this course to learn how to protect your personal data and protect it from unauthorized access and use. You will learn how to identify the risks associated with data privacy, how to use data protection technologies to ensure data privacy, and how to evaluate data protection solutions and technologies.
- Data Privacy for Practitioners and Privacy Trends – First, you will learn about data privacy models and how to protect your data. Secondly, you will understand cyber hygiene best practices and identify emerging data security risks. Finally, you will evaluate privacy controls using a data protection checklist.
- Course Project: Data Privacy Risk and Compliance Assessment – You will learn how to assess data privacy risks and compliance gaps in an industry-standard data privacy risk and compliance assessment report.
PREREQUISITES: This program requires an understanding of data privacy regulations and basic cybersecurity best practices.