Top 8 Data Visualization Certification Programs
In a digital world, data is more important than ever before. Businesses need to be able to visualize data in order to make intelligent decisions and communicate with clarity. Data visualization is becoming a key skill for job seekers in the 21st century. Because of its high demand, there are many different data visualization certification programs available for those interested in becoming highly skilled at visualizing data effectively.
Our Top 8 Picks
1. Data Visualization Nanodegree (Udacity)
An online program like the Udacity Data Visualization Nanodegree is a great way to gain insight into data analysis and visualization. It gives you the training and experience necessary to begin working with data and understanding it.
Get the skills you need to design stunning data visualizations, storytelling insights, and intuitive dashboards. The Data Visualization Nanodegree training will teach you how to design, create, and manipulate data visualizations for data-driven solutions and techniques.
- Intro to Data Visualization – This comprehensive course will teach you everything you need to know to create effective, informative visualizations that help you understand your data and make decisions. You’ll learn about the different types of visualizations that are available and you’ll already start building a dashboard with Tableau.
- Dashboard Designs – Learn how to design a dashboard that meets the needs of your enterprise audience. From identifying user needs and needs for performance analytics to tailoring your dashboard to meet the specific needs of your users, you’ll be able to create a dashboard that is effective and user-friendly.
- Data Storytelling – Get a solid foundation on the basics of storytelling and provide recommendations for your clients based on the data you’ve gathered. After completing this course, you will be able to tell compelling stories and provide recommendations using data analysis techniques.
- Experiment Design and Recommendations – Get training on how to design and analyze A/B test results, explore approaches for building recommendation systems, and learn how to measure the effectiveness of your experiments.
- Advanced Data Storytelling – You will learn to use Tableau Pages and Flourish to create stories with animation and narration, making your data more engaging and easier to understand.
For more information, read our review of the Udacity Data Visualization Nanodegree.
2. Professional Certificate in Data Analytics and Visualization with Excel and R (IBM)
Enhance your data analysis skills to the next level and earn a certificate that will help you stand out in the industry. With the Professional Certificate in Data Analytics and Visualization with Excel and R, you will have the knowledge and skills to analyze complex data sets in Excel and R.
First, you will learn how to data analysis techniques using R and Jupyter. Next, you will work with relational databases and advance your SQL querying skills. Finally, you will get the skills you need to communicate your findings to a global audience with Cognos and R Shiny. Learn how to use data analysis and visualization techniques to communicate your insights and findings to a wider audience.
- Data Analytics Basics for Everyone – Take this course to get a basic understanding of how data is used and analyzed to make decisions. Learn about how to find and use data to answer questions, and find out about the different data analytics career paths.
- Analyzing Data with Excel – This course covers the basics of Excel, so you can analyze your data and make informed decisions. You will understand the basics of Excel, including how to create and manage sheets, insert data, analyze data, and take advantage of formulas.
- Data Visualization and Building Dashboards with Excel and Cognos – This course will teach you how to create data visualizations and dashboards in Excel and Cognos.
- R Programming Basics for Data Science – You will learn how to work with data in R language and use common data structures to manipulate it. Next, you will learn how to use programming techniques to manipulate data and make it easy to analyze.
- SQL for Data Science with R – Learn SQL and R in a series of challenging labs. Build SQL queries and work with relational databases using data science tools like R.
- Analyzing Data with R – Learn how to use the R programming language to analyze data. By the end of this course, you will be able to ask and answer questions about data, find patterns, and make predictions.
- Visualizing Data with R – Learn about the basics of data analysis and visualization in this comprehensive course. You will learn how to plot data and make maps using Leaflet in this hands-on course.
- R Data Science Capstone Project – Get the skills and knowledge you need to work with data sets and analyze them for insights. Take on a data scientist role in your next project and learn how to use R to make insights from data.
3. Data Analysis and Visualization with Python Skill Path (Dataquest)
The beginner-friendly Data Analysis and Visualization with Python Skill Path will teach you how to use Python to manipulate data, extract insights, and create powerful visualizations.
Throughout the program, you’ll learn about libraries like NumPy, Pandas, and Jupyter Notebooks. Finally, you will learn how to use Python to construct graphs, plot data, and explore relationships in statistics.
- Introduction to Python – Get a handle on Python and its many features, so you can create sophisticated Python visualizations. During this course, you will learn about introductory Python programming concepts such as conditionals, loops, functions, and more. At the end of the course, you will learn intermediate concepts such as object-oriented programming, classes, instances, and more.
- Data Analysis and Visualization with Python – Get ahead of your data analysis and visualization career by taking our Python-focused course. This course is designed to give you the skills you need to work with data and analyze it in a professional way. Additionally, you’ll work with libraries like Seaborn and Matplotlib for graphical plotting and analysis.
4. Data Visualization with Python Skill Track (DataCamp)
The Data Visualization with Python Skill Track from DataCamp will teach you how to use Python to visualize data, using a variety of tools, including Matplotlib, Seaborn, and Bokeh.
This skill track will also teach you how to use Python to map out geospatial data using Geopandas and Folium maps packages. Get a better understanding of complex data by using Python.
- Introduction to Data Visualization with Matplotlib – Get the skills you need to create powerful data visualizations with Matplotlib. This course is designed for individuals who want to learn about graphical plotting with Python and use it for their professional work.
- Introduction to Data Visualization with Seaborn – By taking this course, you will be able to create informative visualizations in Python. You will learn to use the Seaborn library to create charts, graphs, and other visualizations.
- Improving Your Data Visualizations in Python – Take the first step to improving your data visualizations in Python. This fun and informative course will teach you how to create compelling visualizations that help communicate results effectively.
- Visualizing Geospatial Data in Python – Learn how to make beautiful visualizations of geospatial data using the Geopandas package and folium maps. With this course, you will be able to create informative and helpful maps that will help you understand your data better.
5. Professional Certificate in Data Analysis and Visualization Fundamentals (IBM)
Get the skills you need to analyze and visualize data with the help of IBM. Learn how to use filters, sort, and pivot features to get the most accurate and efficient data analysis.
Throughout the Professional Certificate in Data Analysis and Visualization Fundamentals program, you will learn data wrangling techniques to get the most accurate results. Finally, you get the skills you need to create stunning data visualizations and create dashboards in Cognos Analytics.
- Data Analytics Basics for Everyone – Get the skills you need to become a data analyst. Learn everything you need to know about data analytics and its various applications, from origination and curation to analytics design and implementation. This course is designed for beginners, and IBM has made data analytics fun and easier to learn.
- Analyzing Data with Excel – Advance your data analysis skills with this comprehensive course that covers the basics of Excel. In this course, you will learn how to analyze data and develop basic Excel skills.
- Data Visualization and Building Dashboards with Excel and Cognos – Get the insights you need to make informed decisions about your data. In this course, you will learn how to create effective data visualizations with Excel and Cognos Analytics.
6. Data Visualization with R Skill Path (Dataquest)
Learn how to use sophisticated graphics tools to make stunning data visualizations. With the Data Visualization with R Skill Path, you can explore data with new and innovative techniques.
During this program, you will learn about key statistical graphing techniques. Get the skills you need to make bar charts, line graphs, and other data visualizations using ggplot2 and tidyverse.
- Data Visualization in R – Get started with data visualization in R with this course from Dataquest. Learn how to build charts, tables, graphs, and visualizations that capture the meaning of data. You’ll work with the ggplot2 package to showcase your data visualization skills.
7. Data Visualization with R Skill Track (DataCamp)
Make your data stories more interesting, accurate, and useful with R. With the Data Visualization with R Skill Track, you can create beautiful plots that summarize your data in an easy-to-read way.
Use R to visualize your data in ways that make it easy to understand and learn. With the help of this skill track, you can create accurate plots and analyze statistics in ways that are more informative and insightful.
- Introduction to Data Visualization with ggplot2 – Get started with data visualization and learn the grammar of graphics in this course. This course is designed for people who want to create beautiful and meaningful visualizations. You’ll explore different visual design techniques, learn how to plot data, and understand the importance of aesthetics and themes.
- Intermediate Data Visualization with ggplot2 – In this course, you will be able to create meaningful explanatory plots in ggplot2, using facets, coordinate systems, and statistics.
- Visualization Best Practices in R – Learn how to create charts and graphs that will present your data in an effective and sensible manner. This course will explore different visualization types, and how to adjust them to represent your data in the most accurate and informative way possible.
8. Data Science: Visualization Course (Harvard University)
This is a single course in data science and visualization from Harvard University. The main focus of the Data Science: Visualization Course is learning how to communicate data-driven findings in a clear and concise way.
First, you’ll leverage the statistical programming language of R and learn the principles behind data visualization. Next, you’ll start using the ggplot2 library to create custom plots, visualize data series, and find patterns in your data. Finally, you’ll explore some of the most common types of graphs and learn when it’s best to use them.