Top Full Stack Web Developer Certification Programs
Full Stack Web Developers are kind of like a jack of all trades because they have experience with all parts of software development. But mostly this includes the back-end infrastructure and front-end user experience design.
Currently, there are many full-stack web development roles for those who have the right combination of skills. Whether you’re just getting started or looking for a career upgrade, this article will guide you through the Full Stack Web Developer certification programs to help steer your career trajectory.
Our Top 5 Picks
1. Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree Program (Udacity)
Are you a web developer looking to expand your skillset and learn new technologies? The Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree program will help you grow as a developer by creating an immersive web development experience that combines coursework with hands-on projects.
Gain the skills and knowledge you need to build innovative, powerful, and scalable web applications. With this Nanodegree Program, you will learn all you need to design and build web applications from scratch, using the latest technologies and frameworks.
- SQL and Data Modeling for the Web – Advance your web development skills and learn how to use relational databases to drive your web applications. This course will teach you how to use SQL to model and query data, and how to use Python to make efficient use of relational databases. This project involves designing a venue booking database with SQLAlchemy and PostgreSQL.
- API Development and Documentation – Get a head start on your API development skills with this comprehensive course. You will learn about best practices for API testing, design, and documentation by leveraging APIs to manage web applications.
- Identity Access Management – Learn how to secure your data, web applications, and services using identity and access management techniques in Flask. You’ll also learn how to design and implement strong authentication and authorization systems, how to use role-based control patterns to restrict access to resources, and how to apply software system risk and compliance principles to your web applications.
- Server Deployment and Containerization – Get a first-hand understanding of how to build and deploy a containerized environment on a server, using Docker and the AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service. You’ll learn how to use the CI/CD pipeline to deploy your containerized applications to AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service. Finally, you’ll wrap up this program with a capstone project combining everything you’ve learned throughout the coursework.
For more information, read our review of the Udacity Full Stack Developer Nanodegree.
2. Full-Stack Software Engineer Career Path (Codecademy)
In the Full-Stack Software Engineer Career Path from Codecademy, you’ll develop a core competency in both front-end and back-end development. Learn to design and build interactive websites, with a focus on web standards, communication with web developers, and best practices in software engineering.
This 50+ course program takes 6 months to complete covering everything from web security to data structures and user authentication. Learn to code in multiple programming languages and become a full stack software engineer with Codecademy.
3. Full Stack Application Development Project (IBM)
Learn the key skills required to create a solid and scalable web application. In the Full Stack Application Development Project, you’ll apply your knowledge of front-end and back-end development gained from previous courses and build a web application on the cloud.
5. Responsive Website Development and Design Specialization (University of London)
Learn the fundamentals of full stack web development in the Responsive Website Development and Design Specialization from the University of London.