Top 3 IoT Certification Programs
The rise of IoT has created an explosion of connectivity, from industrial sensors to Internet-connected laptops and wearables. The future of IoT will continue to bring new connected devices every day. Read on to learn about the IoT certification courses and how it plays in an organization’s overall strategy.
Our Top 3 Picks
1. Intel® Edge AI for IoT Developers (Udacity)
Get the skills you need to build high-performance IoT applications in the Intel® Edge AI for IoT Developers Nanodegree program. This program will teach you how to build powerful computer vision and deep learning inference applications using the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit.
You will be able to use the latest Edge AI tools to optimize and improve the performance of your deep learning models. This 3-month program in collaboration with Intel will also teach you how to identify key hardware specifications and the Intel® DevCloud for the Edge.
- Edge AI Fundamentals with OpenVINO™ – With the Edge AI Fundamentals with OpenVINO™ course, you will be able to use a pre-trained model for computer vision inferencing. Your project involves using both a pre-trained model and computer vision. In this project, you will detect the number of people in the frame and the time spent in the frame.
- Hardware for Computer Vision & Deep Learning Application Deployment – Gain an in-depth understanding of the hardware requirements for various computer vision and deep learning applications using Intel® DevCloud for the Edge. In this course, you will improve your skills and knowledge so that you can choose the right hardware (CPU, VPU, and GPU) for your application. Lastly, you will make your model more efficient by using a distributed workload.
- Optimization Techniques and Tools for Computer Vision & Deep Learning Applications – Reduce the time you spend on inference by understanding how your model is performing and optimizing it. In this course, you will learn how to optimize and benchmark your computer vision and deep learning applications. Overall, this course will give you the tools to fix hotspots in your code and package your application for deployment.
For more information, read our review of the Udacity IoT Developer Nanodegree.
2. MicroMasters® Program in Internet of Things IoT (Curtin University)
With the MicroMasters Program in Internet of Things, you will learn the basics of building IoT solutions in 6 online graduate-level courses. From sensors and network designs to programming, this online program will help you get started in this rapidly growing field.
First, you will be able to understand IoT security and privacy risks for how data is managed. Next, you will apply Big Data concepts to an IoT concept. Finally, you will research and identify an IoT prototype for the market to solve a problem.
- Introduction to the Internet of Things (IoT) – Take the first step in understanding the IoT and its applications. This course will give you an understanding of the IoT and how it can be used to improve your industry.
- IoT Sensors and Devices – First, you’ll learn about the different types of IoT sensors and how they can be used for solutions. Next, you’ll explore the potential uses for IoT sensors and their use cases.
- IoT Networks and Protocols – Learn about the basics of IoT networks, protocols, and standards and understand the different infrastructure components.
- IoT Programming and Big Data – First, you’ll learn how Big Data is related to IoT and how it manages data. Next, you’ll create Python scripts as a data management tool for large data for improved efficiency.
- Cybersecurity and Privacy in the IoT – Learn about the security and privacy implications of the IoT and how to design a secure system. This course will explore the technology and discuss the different ways that it can be used to harm our data and privacy.
- IoT Capstone Project – In this Capstone Project, you will get a complete understanding of how to identify key challenges and develop an IoT prototype solution for the market.
3. Internet of Things and AI Cloud Specialization (UC San Diego)
Take six courses that will teach you everything you need to know about creating your own products and services using the Internet of Things technologies.
The UC of San Diego is offering the Internet of Things and AI Cloud Specialization with theory, lab sections, and a final Capstone Project.
- Internet of Things: How did we get here? – Get up to speed with the latest in IoT technology. In this course, you will learn about the potential applications of IoT and explore how it can be used to improve a business.
- Internet of Things V2: DragonBoard™ brings up and community ecosystem – In this course, you will learn about the fundamental architecture and features of the Internet of Things.
- Internet of Things V2: Setting up and Using Cloud – You will learn how to use the AWS cloud to store and process your data from the cloud.
- Internet of Things: Communication Technologies – In this course, you will learn about the internet of things and communication technologies like Skype for implementing your own app.
- Internet of Things Capstone V2: Build a Mobile Surveillance System – In this project, you will design and build a mobile surveillance system that uses sensors, communication protocols, and actuators.