Top Java Certification Programs
If you are new to programming, programming in Java can seem like a lot of information at first. However, the more practice, it will soon become second nature as you progress. This article gives you an overview of the various Java certification training programs available and the benefits of each one.
Our Top 7 Picks
1. Java Web Developer Nanodegree Program (Udacity)
Learn enterprise-scale back-end development in Java, and have the skills to succeed in software engineering. With the Java Web Developer Nanodegree Program, you will develop back-end solutions for businesses of all sizes.
This Nanodegree Program provides you with the skills and knowledge you need to start building powerful web applications in Java. Throughout the program, you’ll gain skills in working with Spring Boot, Java Persistence API, web services, data stores, security, DevOps, and more.
- Spring Boot Basics – Get a basic understanding of the Spring Boot framework to create stand-alone applications in Java. This course will also teach you about all of its associated plugins and integration.
- Web Services and APIs – Get a handle on the different types of web services, APIs, and microservices and how to use the most common frameworks. You will be able to build better, faster web applications with this comprehensive course as well as how to test, consume, and document them.
- Data Stores & Persistence – Learn how to build and use relational databases in a Java programmer’s context. This course uses the Java Persistence API (JPA) and SQL to provide a comprehensive understanding of how to store and manage data in a relational database. You will learn how to design, write, and test your own solutions with a Spring Boot application.
- Security and DevOps – Take the first step towards becoming a security and DevOps developer. In this course, you will learn best practices for authorization and authentication, Git, and version control. Finally, you will build and deploy a CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins.
For more information, read our review of the Udacity Java Developer Nanodegree.
2. Java Language Fundamentals Learning Path (Pluralsight)
The Java Language Fundamentals Learning Path from Pluralsight is designed for both people new to programming and people who have had some experience but want to learn more.
This program contains 26 courses with 52 hours of course material to complete. By the end of this program, you’ll have built seven Java projects and have a deep understanding of programming concepts.
3. Professional Certificate in Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming with Java (Georgia Tech)
The Professional Certificate in Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming with Java from Georgia Tech teaches the fundamentals of object-oriented programming (OOP) and Java, including the language’s syntax, control flow, and data types.
There is a focus on OOP concepts including abstraction, polymorphism, and inheritance. Gain a professional certificate and learn the key concepts of Java and the industry standard of this programming language.
4. Learn Java Certificate (Codecademy)
Learn the fundamentals of programming with Java and then take the next step with a Certificate in Programming with Java from Codecademy. This program has a focus on practicing coding and includes 7 projects.
Whether you want to learn object-oriented programming, conditionals, control flow, encapsulation, or debugging, the Java Certificate will help you become a confident Java programmer and broaden your career opportunities.
5. Professional Certificate in Introduction to Java Programming (UC3M)
Take the next step in your career with a Professional Certificate in Introduction to Java Programming from the University Carlos III of Madrid. This Java certificate program is a comprehensive introduction to Java programming.
First, you will be given an introduction to how to design and implement Java programs in an interactive way. Secondly, you’ll learn how to write better code and find common programming errors. Finally, you’ll build a foundation by learning Java data structures and algorithms.
6. Object Oriented Programming in Java Specialization (UC San Diego)
The Object Oriented Programming in Java Specialization from UC San Diego is a 4-course program that takes approximately 5 months to complete. During this program, you will grow your portfolio in Java programming.
This online program introduces the principles of object-oriented programming using Java syntax. It covers all the fundamentals, including classes and objects, inheritance, polymorphism, interfaces, and performance.
7. Core Java Specialization (LearnQuest)
Utilize Java as a foundational skill set in your development career with the Core Java Specialization from LearnQuest. The skills learned in this specialization will allow you to build proficiency as a Java programmer.
This specialization course is for learners who want to nurture their interest in the Java programming language and its rich set of core libraries. Gain these skills and you will be able to apply for a job as a Java developer or implement your knowledge to build your own Java-based applications.
Top Java Certification Programs
Java is a programming language that was designed specifically with Object-Oriented Programming in mind.
This means that you will have to think in terms of objects when writing programs in Java. We use Java in everything from software and web applications to scientific computers.
If you’re interested in learning Java, try out one of these online Java certification courses. Or send us any information you have on them in the comment section below.