Top Kotlin Certification Programs
The Kotlin programming language is the most popular option for Android app development. If you want to advance your career as an Android web developer, then you should definitely consider taking the Kotlin certification program. Read more to find out what’s available.
Our Top 5 Picks
1. Kotlin Android Development Nanodegree (Udacity)
Kotlin is now being used in many new Android applications and services. It will only grow from here as Android developers embrace this modern language. Fortunately, you don’t need to be an experienced programmer to learn Kotlin.
To become a proficient Android developer with Kotlin, you can complete an online program called the Android Kotlin Developer Nanodegree, built in collaboration with Google. If you are ready to get started right now in learning Kotlin, then here are the courses that will help kickstart your new career in coding.
- Developing Android Apps, Part 1 – By the end of this course, you will be learning how to use Kotlin’s UI framework. Get an overview of the fundamentals of Android development, working with UI components and constraints, and creating lifecycle-aware interfaces.
- Developing Android Apps, Part 2 – The second half of this course is focused on creating an end-to-end app that you can use to implement data persistence. This course will explore the principles of Material Design and how they can be applied to an Android app for better usability.
- Advanced Android Apps with Kotlin, Part 1 – This Kotlin app development course will provide you with the tools and knowledge you need to increase your app’s engagement rate. You’ll also learn how to apply custom views, simple animations, and the Android notification system.
- Advanced Android Apps with Kotlin, Part 2 – Gather the tools and knowledge you need to create location-based apps using Google Maps. Finally, you will learn how to build an app and learn the advanced features of Android, like Firebase and security authentication.
For more information, read our review of the Udacity Kotlin Nanodegree.
PREREQUISITES: You should have experience in object-oriented programming (OOP) and Github.
2. Developing Android Applications with Kotlin (Pluralsight)
The Developing Android Applications with Kotlin Learning Path teaches you to build Android apps with the Kotlin programming language. During this program, you will learn how to build an app that integrates data storage and interactive elements.
Additionally, you will learn core Kotlin concepts including Android Studio, Gradle, and UX design. You will also learn the skills to create apps that develop a more interactive user experience. This means that you will be able to make more sophisticated apps with Kotlin and Android.
INFORMATION: This program contains 13 courses with 24 hours of coursework.
3. Programming Fundamentals in Kotlin (Meta)
Meta offers the Programming Fundamentals in Kotlin course which aims to introduce you to the fundamentals of programming and Kotlin syntax in an engaging and practical way.
First, this course covers the basics like control flow, conditionals, loops, functions, classes, and objects. Next, you’ll learn advanced classes and objects such as List, Set, and Map. Finally, the last course is a graded assignment for a bank account project.
INFORMATION: This beginner-friendly course takes approximately 24 hours to complete.
4. Kotlin Certificate (Codecademy)
The Kotlin certification from Codecademy will be a helpful tool to beef up your resume and gain skills that are in high demand. You’ll learn core skills including building objects and classes in the Kotlin language.
After completing this course, you will have a greater understanding of the Kotlin programming language and how it can be used to solve fundamental programming problems for Android development.
INFORMATION: This 7-course program takes 15 hours to complete.
5. Kotlin for Java Developers (Jetbrains)
The Kotlin for Java Developers course from Jetbrains will introduce you to the Kotlin programming language and help you better understand the basics. It will show you how Kotlin compares with Java and enable you to take advantage of your existing Java experience.
This course covers Kotlin syntax, functional programming, OOP, library functions, and more. But the best part about this course is that you will be able to take advantage of the powerful Kotlin language while still using the Java language that you know and love.
INFORMATION: This intermediate-level course takes 25 hours to complete.