Top Kubernetes Certification Programs
Kubernetes is a container-based platform that automates the deployment of containerized applications. Its seen tremendous growth in recent years and organizations that don’t understand how it can be used will soon be left behind. Whether you are an operations professional or a DevOps engineer looking to build your career in this space, Kubernetes certification can open doors for you.
Our Top 5 Picks
1. Certified Kubernetes Administrator CKA (Linux Foundation)
Gain the skills, knowledge, and competency you need to be a Kubernetes administrator with the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA). This program contains five domain competencies and an exam to validate your understanding as a Kubernetes administrator.
This program covers core topics like storage, troubleshooting, workloads, and scheduling. But you’ll also learn cluster architecture including installation, configuration, services, and networking for managing production-grade Kubernetes clusters.
- Storage – This course will take you from understanding the basics of volumes and storage to advanced concepts and techniques. Understand storage classes, persistent volumes, access modes, reclaim policies, and more for Kubernetes.
- Troubleshooting – Learn how to troubleshoot and fix Kubernetes issues and manage container logs. This course is designed for experienced Kubernetes administrators and covers everything from application failures to cluster component failures.
- Workloads & Scheduling – Get up to speed with Kubernetes and how to schedule, monitor, and manage your workloads. You’ll learn about how to create and manage efficient pods, how to scale applications, and how to perform rolling updates and rollbacks.
- Cluster Architecture, Installation & Configuration – Learn how to manage and operate Kubernetes clusters using Kubeadm. This course provides you with the skills and knowledge you need to manage and operate Kubernetes clusters.
- Services & Networking – Learn how to use Kubernetes services and networking to improve your productivity and efficiency. In this course, you will learn about the features of Kubernetes, from its core functionality to its network-related configuration.
2. Certified Kubernetes Administrator CKA Learning Path (Pluralsight)
If you are new to the world of containers and want to learn more, this course is a great place to start. You’ll get an overview of containers and work through what it takes to ace the Certified Kubernetes Administrator exam.
The Certified Kubernetes Administrator Learning Path from Pluralsight will guide you through Kubernetes cluster management, monitoring, and security. In addition, it covers managing the Kubernetes API server and pods as well as configuring Kubernetes storage and scheduling.
3. Fundamentals of Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (Red Hat)
In this course, you’ll learn the fundamentals of containers, Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift. You’ll learn to create and deploy containers on a Kubernetes cluster using the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
This self-paced course from Red Hat takes approximately 7 weeks to complete. If you’re looking to create, manage, and deploy containers, then the Fundamentals of Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift course is ideal for you.
4. Certified Kubernetes Application Developer CKAD Learning Path (Pluralsight)
Gain the skills and knowledge needed to take the CKAD exam and start your career as a Kubernetes Application Developer. Step-by-step tutorial content will introduce you to the concepts you need to know and will provide you with the hands-on experience you need to prepare for the exam.
The Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Learning Path from Pluralsight is a 5-course program with 13 hours of course material. Besides preparing you for the exam, the courses will provide the knowledge needed to become a Kubernetes Application Developer.
5. Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes and OpenShift (IBM)
The Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift course from IBM is ideal for anyone looking to understand what containers are and how they can be used to deploy and manage applications in a consistent and reliable manner.
Get a hands-on introduction by practicing in the cloud. This course empowers you to design, deploy and manage your own container-based applications, using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Istio.