Top 5 PostgreSQL Certification Programs
If you are already working with relational databases or just want a solid foundation before diving into more advanced topics or technologies, these PostgreSQL certification training programs and courses are for you.
Our Top 5 Picks
1. Professional Certificate in PostgreSQL for Everybody (University of Michigan)
The online Professional Certificate in PostgreSQL for Everybody offered by the University of Michigan will teach you all about the intricacies of PostgreSQL. Throughout the program, it will give you the skills you need to manage your data effectively in a timeframe of 4 months.
Whether you are a first-time user or a database administrator, this program can give you the credentials you need. You’ll learn how to work with relational databases, implement CRUD, apply query optimizations, get an understanding of database architectures, and much more.
- Database Design and Basic SQL in PostgreSQL – Get started with PostgreSQL today and learn how to design, query, and work with data in an efficient way. This course is the perfect way to develop your skills in SQL and get your database relationships and modeling up and running.
- Intermediate PostgreSQL – Get up to speed with the basics of PostgreSQL so you can start leveraging its power to store, process, and analyze data. This Intermediate PostgreSQL course covers topics like regular expressions, aggregation, and parsing data with PostgreSQL.
- JSON and Natural Language Processing in PostgreSQL – Learn how to work with JSON and natural language content in PostgreSQL. You’ll explore how to use different sources of data including storing data in a JSON column from an API. In this course, you’ll compare and contrast Python, JSON, and PostgreSQL.
- Database Architecture, Scale, and NoSQL with Elasticsearch – Learn about the different aspects of database design and scalability, compare different SQL and NoSQL databases, and use Elasticsearch NoSQL. In this course, you’ll also compare how ACID-based architectures and NoSQL databases are different from each other.
2. Querying Data with SQL from PostgreSQL Learning Path (Pluralsight)
The Querying Data with SQL from PostgreSQL Learning Path will teach you how to query data from the PostgreSQL relational database. In this course, you will learn various statements to retrieve and query PostgreSQL relational databases.
First, you will learn how to use the SELECT statement to get information from the data in your PostgreSQL table. Next, this course will teach you how to use JOINs and WHERE clauses to get more information from PostgreSQL. Finally, you’ll learn built-in functions and other data manipulation techniques.
3. Functions for Manipulating Data in PostgreSQL (DataCamp)
Get the skills you need to manipulate and process data in PostgreSQL. This course will teach you how to use the PostgreSQL functions to parse text, work with date/time functions, and perform a full-text search.
The Functions for Manipulating Data in PostgreSQL course will give you the skills you need to work with data in PostgreSQL. By the end of this course, you will have a good handle on the basics of data manipulation and transforming data.
4. Postgres for Data Engineers (Dataquest)
Get up to date with PostgreSQL and learn how to manage, analyze, and process data in PostgreSQL. The Postgres for Data Engineers program is designed with a mix of coursework and guided projects to quickly and efficiently learn this in-demand skill.
First, you’ll get a gentle introduction to Postgres including the basics like inserting and copying data. Secondly, you’ll start creating tables, loading, and extracting data with tables with a focus on user and database management. Finally, this course has two separate projects to put your skill to good use.
5. Design Databases With PostgreSQL Skill Path (Codecademy)
Learn how to design and optimize databases for performance. The Design Databases With PostgreSQL Skill Path will help you build a custom database that meets your specific needs, and teach you how to take advantage of PostgreSQL’s powerful features.
If you want to learn the best practices for relational database management system (RDBMS) design, take a step back and learn the basics of PostgreSQL in this program. This skill path will help you create more efficient, reliable, and robust databases that will serve your needs for years to come.
The Top 5 PostgreSQL Courses
This article is intended for prospective database professionals who need to know how to work with the PostgreSQL database.
These PostgreSQL certification programs will teach you about all the key SQL commands, their syntax, and expected output, and how to use them in real-world scenarios.
Have you ever tried out any of these PostgreSQL certification courses? If you have, please let us know about them using the comment form below.