Top 5 PowerBI Certification Programs
Whether you are a data analyst, BI practitioner, or business analyst, having the right skills will help you make better decisions and deliver value to your organization. If you want to learn business intelligence, these PowerBI certification programs can help you get started.
Our Top 5 Picks
1. Data Analysis and Visualization with Microsoft Power BI Nanodegree (Udacity)
Get the skills you need to become a successful data analyst and visualization specialist with the Data Analysis and Visualization with Microsoft Power BI Nanodegree. Learn how to use Power BI to create beautiful visualizations and get insights from your data that matter.
Build a solid understanding of what you need to become a data analyst like pre-processing and data analysis using Microsoft Power BI as the primary tool. With this Nanodegree, you will learn how to use the built-in ETL functionality, advanced analytics, and modeling data.
- Introduction to Preparing and Modeling Data – Learn how to harmonize and prepare your data for reporting. This course will help you create a data model that is efficient and supports reporting. You’ll also learn about PowerBI’s ETL tools, DAX expressions, troubleshooting, and optimization.
- Creating Visualizations with Power BI – Get started with data visualizations right away, and learn how to create reports that are engaging and informative. This course will teach you how to use PowerBI to understand complex data and make it easy for your users to see the insights that matter. It also covers accessibility, filters, slicers, data exploration, and other reporting capabilities.
- Advanced Data Analysis – Get a deep understanding of the data, how to analyze it, and how to make decisions with it. Learn how to use Power Query to make powerful insights from your data. In this course, you’ll also learn to make predictions, answer questions about your data, and make strategic decisions in your business. By the end of the program, you’ll understand the power of data analysis in PowerBI and use it to your advantage to gain powerful insights.
For more information, read our review of the Udacity PowerBI Nanodegree.
PREREQUISITES: This program requires experience in Microsoft Excel.
2. Data Analyst in Power BI Career Track (DataCamp)
Get the skills you need to work with data and create Dashboards with one of the most popular business intelligence tools. The Data Analyst in Power BI Career Track allows you to learn at your own pace and in a fun, interactive environment.
This career track will prepare you for the PL-300 Data Analyst with Power BI exam. Throughout the program, you’ll study core Power BI skills like data modeling, DAX, and Power Query. In the end, you’ll complete two case studies using market data and customer churn.
INFORMATION: This program consists of 18 courses and 51 hours of coursework.
3. Microsoft Power BI for Analysts Learning Path (Pluralsight)
Create beautiful, interactive data visualizations that show valuable insights from your data. In the Microsoft Power BI for Analysts Learning Path, you will build effective visualizations to analyze your data to enable business decision-making.
From beginner to advanced topics, this learning path from Pluralsight will help you create, plan and execute efficient data analysis workflows in PowerBI. Finally, you will learn the power of using DAX expressions, Power Pivot, and M so you can master your skills in PowerBI.
INFORMATION: This program consists of 13 courses and 35 hours of coursework.
4. Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI Skill Path (Dataquest)
Get insights from data that matter, in a way that is easy to understand and use. With the Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI Skill Path from Dataquest, you will learn how to analyze data in a way that makes sense, using powerful tools and technologies.
First, you will learn to model your data on PowerBI. Secondly, you’ll perform data analysis and visualizations. Finally, you’ll learn to manage workspaces. Throughout the program, you will validate your skills with projects that involve real-world scenarios.
INFORMATION: This beginner-friendly program consists of 5 courses and 3 projects.
5. Professional Certificate in Fundamentals of Data Visualization with Power BI (Davidson College)
Take control of your data and show it with Microsoft PowerBI. The Professional Certificate in Fundamentals of Data Visualization with Power BI will teach you how to create stunning data visualizations that will show your data in a professional way.
This Power BI certificate will teach you how to: understand your data, use Power BI features to analyze data, and share your dashboards with others. In addition, you will learn R for statistical analysis and data management.
INFORMATION: This beginner-friendly program takes approximately 4 weeks to complete.
The Top 5 PowerBI Certificate Programs
Microsoft Power BI is a business intelligence tool that allows you to visualize data in a more human-friendly and interactive way.
It helps you present insights about your company, products, and services in a beautiful and engaging way such as using dashboards.
If you’ve tried any of these PowerBI certification programs, please let us know what you thought about them using the comment form below.