Top 3 Product Manager Certification Programs
In our digital world, everything has to be fast, seamless, and user-friendly. Product managers are the guardians of these business objectives and of user experience. To succeed as a digital product manager, you need to have a deep understanding of how all these pieces fit together so you can build solutions that meet customers’ needs. Read on to earn these credentials and find the top product manager certification programs.
Our Top 3 Picks
1. Product Manager Nanodegree (Udacity)
In the Udacity Product Manager Nanodegree Program, you will learn to develop and lead product strategy and development. Next, you’ll learn to successfully bring these products to market.
Throughout the program, you’ll gain the skills and knowledge to lead and manage product development in a competitive environment. Finally, you’ll learn how to design, develop, test, and measure product performance in a real-world setting.
- Product Strategy – Get the insights you need to build a successful product strategy. Take this course and learn how to develop a product vision and strategy, understand the user experience, measure success, and communicate effectively to get people invested in your product.
- Product Design – You will learn how to design products that solve problems for real users. This course teaches you how to create a product that meets the needs of your customers, and how to validate that your design is solving a problem for real users.
- Product Development – Get the skills you need to lead, manage, and deliver a successful product development process. This course is designed for product managers and developers who are interested in becoming more effective in their work. Finally, you’ll learn how to develop a product roadmap and manage the risks associated with launching a new product.
- Product Launch – Get a crash course in product launch planning, risk assessment, and execution. In this course, you’ll learn everything you need to know about product launches, from developing a launch plan to managing customer interactions.
2. Professional Certificate in Product Management (University of Maryland)
Earn a certificate that will help you navigate the waters of product management with the Professional Certificate in Product Management. This program will teach you how to communicate with stakeholders, manage projects, and embrace modern product leadership.
Learn from the experts at the University and get the skills you need to manage and optimize your product to industry standards. Achieve product excellence by learning how to manage and monitor the product development process from start to finish in this top-pick program.
- Product Management Fundamentals – Take the first step to becoming a product manager and learn the basics of product management. This course will help you understand your product, develop a product vision, and manage your team.
- Achieving Product-Market Fit – This course can help you create a product that is perfect for your target customer and their needs. From understanding the customer’s problem to creating a value proposition that is unique to your target market, this course can help you set the right tone and direction for your product.
- Product Design, Prototyping, and Testing – Learn how to design, prototype, and test a product for customer feedback. This course will help you explore your target market, validate assumptions, and make changes to the product until you have a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Data Science and Agile Systems for Product Management – Learn how to use Data Science, Agile, and DevOps to improve product delivery and fault tolerance. This course explores the latest tools and techniques for data-driven product design and development, so you can focus on making great products.
- Modern Product Leadership – Get the skills and knowledge you need to lead product teams and organizations to success. This course will teach you how to manage product teams and create winning solutions for customers.
3. Professional Certificate in Introduction to Agile Product Management (Emergn)
Learn how to manage a product and product delivery system. Get a Certificate in Introduction to Agile Product Management, which will help you define, design, build, and operate with a product mindset.
Learn how to manage products through an agile lens and create products that are valuable to your customers. Throughout the program, you will recognize the value of the product lifecycle and go beyond the typical methodologies of Agile product development.
- Introduction to Product Management – Get a clear understanding of the products you work with and how they are managed. This course will help you develop a sharper intuition for what makes a great product, and how to take your products to the next level.
- Introduction to Agile: Beyond Methodologies – You will understand the basics of Agile methodologies and how they can be used to improve your team’s productivity. Learn how to position your team to work effectively with Agile methodologies, and find out why they’re often misunderstood.
The 3 Best Product Manager Certification
Becoming a successful digital product manager requires more than just being passionate about creating products and services that users find appealing.
The role requires specialized knowledge in design thinking, customer research, market research, analytics, and much more. That’s where a product manager certification comes in handy.
To succeed as a digital product manager, you need to have a deep understanding of how all these pieces fit together so you can build solutions that meet customers’ needs.
This guide has provided some of the top product manager certificates that are available online so that you can get started today.