Top 5 Project Management Certification Programs
It’s not surprising that more than half of the top-paying software jobs list project management as a required skill. And with good reason—without project managers, software development can quickly grind to a halt.
Project managers plan, organize, and execute software projects within deadlines and budget constraints. Learn more about the various digital project management certification programs that are available today.
Our Top 5 Picks
1. Digital Project Management Nanodegree (Udacity)
In the Digital Project Management Nanodegree program, you’ll learn how to plan, manage, and track your project plans with Waterfall and Agile. You’ll improve your efficiency by learning how to stay organized while understanding the scope of the project and business requirements.
A successful career in project management requires a high degree of organization, analytical and problem-solving skills. In this program, you’ll learn to prioritize requirements, increase efficiency, and overcome the common challenges in project management.
- Introduction to Digital Project Management – Get a taste of the skills you need to be successful in this field. In this course, you’ll learn the key stages of the project management lifecycle, so you can make better decisions about how to manage and monitor a project.
- Digital Project Management – Get a better handle on the process of digital project management so you can close more projects successfully. In this course, you’ll learn how to use project management tools and methodologies to organize, plan, document, monitor, and close projects more effectively.
- From Methodology to Execution Project – In this project, you will get a better understanding of the project management process. The aim of this project is to help a small business undergo digital transformation. You will apply the knowledge from your coursework to help a small business to plan and execute a set of deliverables with the management lifecycle in a structured way.
2. MicroMasters® Program in Project Management (RIT)
Get the skills and knowledge you need to manage a project from start to finish. The MicroMasters® Program in Project Management contains 4 graduate-level courses from the Rochester Institute of Technology.
With the MicroMasters® Program in Project Management, you will get the skills you need to lead and manage projects as a project manager. Furthermore, you’ll understand the principles of project management, learn how to create a successful project, and develop production techniques to help you win projects.
- Project Management Life Cycle – Get a handle on the project management process and take charge of your project from start to finish. This course provides an in-depth understanding of the key steps that need to be taken in order to successfully complete a project.
- Best Practices for Project Management Success – Take the first step to success with our project management success course. We’ll teach you everything you need to know to ensure your projects are on track and reach their goals.
- International Project Management – Get ahead of your competition and learn the basics of international project management. Take this course and be ready to handle any global project.
- Project Management MicroMasters Capstone Exam – Take the Project Management MicroMasters Capstone Exam and gain the skills and knowledge to succeed in a graduate-level program at RIT.
3. Professional Certificate in Fundamentals of Project Management (University of Adelaide)
The Professional Certificate in Fundamentals of Project Management from the University of Adelaide is a 3-month online program that will help you gain skills in risk management, compliance, and communication.
Take advantage of this program and walk away with the knowledge and skills you need to manage a project successfully. Overall, this certificate will help you assess risks in a business and make better decisions about project management.
- Introduction to Project Management – Learn the principles of project management and apply them in your own work and life. Whether you are in a corporate office or just starting out, this course will help you take control of your projects and manage them effectively.
- Risk Management for Projects – Get a handle on the risks associated with your project and manage them effectively. By learning about the risks and taking steps to mitigate them, you will be able to reduce the potential for failure and potential financial setbacks.
4. Professional Certificate in Agile Project Management (University of Maryland)
The Professional Certificate in Agile Project Management will give you the skills you need to manage and deliver projects successfully with Scrum.
This 5-month online program will also teach you how to translate other agile frameworks so that you can apply the best practices from them in your own projects and reduce the overall risk of failing.
- Applied Scrum for Agile Project Management – Learn how to effectively manage a project using the most cutting-edge Scrum tools and processes. You’ll be able to take your projects from start to finish with the confidence that you have the best of Scrum.
- Sprint Planning for Faster Agile Team Delivery – Learn how to prioritize work and break it down into manageable tasks, measure progress, and engage the entire agile team by integrating sprint planning.
- Agile Innovation and Problem Solving Skills – Get the training you need to unleash your team’s innovative potential and help them succeed. This highly informative course will teach you how to apply agile principles to solve business problems.
- Agile Leadership Principles and Practices – Get ahead of your team’s productivity, motivation, and problem-solving techniques with this valuable course. Learn the principles that will help you empower your team and drive them to be the best they can be.
- Agile Process, Project, and Program Controls – Get a handle on how your business works and how to use true transparency and continuous improvement. This course will help you understand the basics of project management with a focus on agile processes such as program controls and delivering value.
5. Professional Certificate in IT Project Management (University of Washington)
The Professional Certificate in IT Project Management provides the knowledge and skills you need to lead, manage, and monitor an IT project from start to finish.
Achieve a level of success and expertise in project management that will leave your clients and colleagues singing your praises. The topics in this program include strategic applications, portfolio management, and leadership.
- Strategic Applications of IT Project & Program Management – Learn how to manage your IT projects and program from the ground up. You will be able to apply project management and program management standards to your own projects and improve efficiency and business outcomes.
- Portfolio Management, Governance, & the PMO – Get an in-depth understanding of managing your projects, maintaining project portfolio health, and finding and fixing project problems. Take the PMO Course and learn how to be successful in the project management field.
- Leadership and Management for PM Practitioners in IT – Learn how to lead and manage a team of professionals in the field of information technology. This course offers a complete understanding of leadership skills, project management, and distributed team management.