10 Best R Certification Programs
R is a statistical programming language with libraries for machine learning, statistical testing, visualization, and data science. If want to become an R programmer, then you are at the right place. These online R certification programs are available to be taken at home and on your own time.
Our Top 10 Picks
1. Programming for Data Science with R Nanodegree (Udacity)
Learn how to use R to manipulate and analyze data, in order to find patterns and insights. With the Programming for Data Science with R Nanodegree program, you will be able to build sophisticated models to understand complex data.
Get your skills up to date with the basics of programming for data science, with our R Certification. With this course, you will be able to programmatically explore and analyze data and make predictions using R and SQL.
- Introduction to SQL – Take the first step in learning how to use SQL to solve business problems. This course is designed to give you a basic understanding of how to use SQL to answer complex business questions. You will learn how to use SQL to join tables, aggregate data, and subqueries.
- Creating Visualizations with Power BI – Start learning R programming today with our introductory course. This course will teach you the basics of R programming and how to use it to create beautiful data visualizations. You’ll use tools like ggplot2 and get a better understanding of data structures, loops, and functions in R.
- Advanced Data Analysis – Take the first step towards mastering version control and working with data. This course will teach you how to use Git to share your work with other people in the data science industry.
2. R Programming Career Track (DataCamp)
The R Programming Career Track is one of the best programs available at DataCamp and it’s designed for complete beginners. You will learn the basics of coding and programming in R, and you will practice with fun problems to solve.
Overall, this career track tests your skills with 3 projects, 11 courses, and 44 hours of coursework. Throughout the program, you’ll learn how to manipulate data, write functions, perform web scraping, and more.
3. Professional Certificate in Applied Data Science with R (IBM)
Learn the skills required to visualize, analyze, and manipulate data from the IBM Professional Certificate in Applied Data Science with R. You will learn how to use R, one of the most popular programming languages for data science.
Gain the skills you need to make data-driven decisions using R. You’ll learn to work with tools and techniques used by professionals in the field such as R Studio, ggplot, leaflet, R Shiny, and Jupyter. It is the perfect way to turn your analytical skills into a new career.
4. Data Analyst in R Career Path (Dataquest)
Learn the skills you need to succeed as a data analyst in the R programming language. The 5-month Data Analyst in R Career Path will introduce you to the world of data science and give you an overview of how to work with data in R.
First, you’ll learn data visualization and how to clean your data. Secondly, you’ll get introduced to statistics, probability, and working with a variety of data sources. Finally, you’ll conclude the career path by creating an interactive web application with the Shiny package for R.
5. Professional Certificate in Data Science (Harvard University)
Don’t be fooled by the title of this Harvard University certificate because its main focus is on R programming. For example, you’ll learn essential R packages like ggplot2, dplyr, and RStudio.
This certificate program is loaded with 9 skill-building courses covering topics like probability, inference, visualization, data wrangling, and machine learning. Learn from the prestigious Harvard University and earn a Professional Certificate in Data Science.
6. R Programming Specialization (Johns Hopkins University)
The R Programming Specialization from Johns Hopkins University will teach you how to use the most powerful techniques for data analysis, to bring insights to your business. First, this program will teach you introductory topics like control structures and functions.
Secondly, you’ll learn how to loop and debug tools in R. Finally, this specialization will teach you simulation and profiling so you can optimize programs and identify potential bottlenecks. Upon completion, you’ll gain all the necessary skills and earn the recognition you need to pursue a career as a data scientist.
7. Professional Certificate in Statistical Analysis in R (University of Canterbury)
The Professional Certificate in Statistical Analysis in R is tailored for the needs of students pursuing a career in the field of statistics. For those who are already working in the industry, there will be a focus on the practical application of statistical analysis techniques, without neglecting the theoretical aspects.
This 2-module program is designed to teach statistical analysis with the use of free and open-source software, R. By the of this program, you’ll gain the essential skills from the University of Canterbury in focus areas such as statistical inference, modeling, and regression.
8. Data Analysis with R Specialization (Duke University)
This specialization provides an introduction to statistical methods and their applications in data analysis, specifically with R programming. It covers inferential statistics, probability, data visualization, basic statistical testing, linear regression, and modeling.
The Data Analysis with R Specialization from Duke University is perfect for aspiring data science professionals who need to develop a deep understanding of statistical methods and their use in data analysis, in a way that is both rigorous and computationally oriented.
9. R Certification (Codecademy)
Discover the R language in the R certification program from Codecademy. This 10-course R certification program contains 20 hours of material coursework with packages like dplyr, tidyr, and ggplot2.
Master the skills to be a data analyst and discover a career path that is in-demand and high paying. This R certification course will cover R programming, visualizations, statistics, and projects to showcase in your portfolio.
10. Programming R for Data Analysts (Pluralsight)
Demonstrate the value of your R skills for the job market. Gain a competitive edge with the Programming R for Data Analysis certificate. You’ll learn how to debug programs, build tables, and apply functions in R.
This expert-led program from Pluralsight will help you build your skills in both statistics and R programming alike. Learn how to program in R, the most popular language for statistical analysis, and set yourself apart in the job market.