Top 5 SEO Certification Programs
Search engine optimization (SEO) is about boosting your website and getting it ranked higher for specific keywords. But Google’s algorithm provides hundreds of signals and cues so SEO can be an uphill battle for anyone hoping to rank highly. That’s why it’s essential to have the right SEO certification to be one step ahead of the competition.
Our Top 5 Picks
1. Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Professional Certificate (Google)
Get the skills and knowledge you need to design, manage, measure, analyze, and optimize digital marketing campaigns for your business. But the best part about this program is that it’s 100% free.
The Google Digital Marketing & E-commerce Professional Specialization will give you the skills you need to build a customer base for an online business.
- Foundations of Digital Marketing and E-commerce – Get a better understanding of the customer journey, the function of journey maps, and how to create an effective e-commerce market strategy.
- Attract and Engage Costumers with Digital Marketing – Learn how to use SEO, SEM, and display advertising to improve your website’s visibility and increase sales.
- From Likes to Leads: Interact with Customers Online – Successful social media teams understand how to take advantage of the latest social media technologies to drive more engagement and conversions. By understanding how to interact with customers on social media, you can increase the likelihood of converting leads into sales.
- Think Outside the Inbox: Email Marketing – Take your email marketing to the next level with our in-depth course. Learn how to create automation and workflows that will make your marketing campaigns run faster, smoother, and more efficiently.
- Assess for Success: Marketing Analytics and Measurement – Learn how to use marketing analytics to measure the success of your marketing campaigns and identify key metric areas that improve your overall performance. Use A/B test results to optimize a campaign and identify metrics that define a campaign’s success.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Develop Customer Loyalty Online – Improve customer satisfaction by developing and maintaining customer loyalty through tools like social media, website design, and customer service.
- Make the Sale: Build, Launch, and Manage E-commerce Stores – Learn how to build, launch, and manage an eCommerce store. From creating a store layout to setting up the storefront and adding products, this course will teach you everything you need to make your online store successful.
2. Digital Marketing Nanodegree Program (Udacity)
Whether you’re a start-up entrepreneur, marketing manager, or digital marketer, you need to be on top of technology. The digital marketing skills gap is widening and the demand for qualified digital marketers is unrelenting.
The Udacity Digital Marketing Nanodegree program provides intensive training in all the latest digital marketing technologies so that you can develop the skills to meet the demand. You’ll learn social media marketing, SEO, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), digital advertising, email marketing, and more.
- Get Ready to Market – Get a jump on your marketing campaign with this project that’s designed to help you strategize and implement marketing plans for your company.
- Draw Insights from Marketing Data Project – Get a deep understanding of your audience and what advertising strategies drive success, and find ways to improve.
- Marketing Your Content Project – Whether you are a beginner or an experienced marketer, you will learn about the strategies that work well for social media marketing campaigns.
- Conduct an SEO Audit Project – Gain a detailed understanding of SEO audit and how it can help you improve your website’s SEO ranking and development.
For more information, read our review of the Udacity Digital Marketing Nanodegree.
3. Search Engine Optimization SEO Specialization (UCDavis)
The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialization from UCDavis is a beginner-friendly 5-month program that will provide you with all the resources you need to make your website rank higher in search engines.
Throughout the program, you will improve your website’s visibility on search engines. Finally, you’ll learn how to optimize your content, keywords, and tags to make your site as search engine friendly as possible.
- Introduction to Google SEO – Learn about the basics of how Google works and how it can help your website rank high in search engine results pages.
- Google SEO Fundamentals – Get an understanding of how search engine algorithms work and how they affect organic search results and websites. You will be able to make better decisions about how to optimize your website for better organic search results.
- Optimizing a Website for Google Search – Improve your website’s search engine visibility and ranks for better results. Learn about the optimizations that can help your website rank higher in search results.
- Advanced Content and Social Tactics to Optimize SEO – Learn how to use the power of content marketing and social media to establish your website’s authority and increase search engine visibility.
4. Professional Certificate in Digital Marketing (University of Maryland)
The Professional Certificate in Digital Marketing program is designed to prepare you for a career in the fast-moving digital marketing industry. Learn the latest technologies for building marketing strategies that get results.
This online program from the University of Maryland contains 4 skill-building courses. From digital marketing and analytics to online advertising and customer analytics, you’ll be able to gain the skills and expertise to enter the exciting and lucrative world of digital marketing.
- Marketing Mix Modeling – Gain a comprehensive understanding of digital marketing and the latest digital marketing tools and strategies.
- SEO and SEM Strategies – Gain valuable insights into how to leverage SEO and SEM strategies and how to implement them properly with AI and Big Data.
- Customer Lifetime Value Concepts – A deep dive into how to harness the power of Customer Lifetime Value Concepts. Learn how to select your target customers, give them an incredible experience and build a relationship that will keep them coming back again and again.
- Online Advertising Ecosystems – Developing a strong Online Advertising Ecosystem is essential for any business. It is a powerful tool for building relationships, reaching new customers, and turning leads into customers including through social media and social networks.
5. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Training Course (SimpliLearn)
Learn how to dominate your competition with Simplilearn’s SEO Certification training course. In this certificate program, you will learn new SEO techniques to drive more people to your site and get more customers.
This training program covers everything from link building, keyword research, and technical SEO. The certification program found at Simplilearn will help you hone your skills and set you apart from other SEO professionals.
- Keyword Analysis and Research – Improve the search engine optimization of your website. Use keyword research and effectiveness index to determine the best keywords for your website.
- SEO Structure Planning – Create a structure for your website that reflects the hierarchy of the content on your site. This project will help you optimize your website for search engine optimization and improve visibility in the search engines.
- Website Audit Documentation – Figure out the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) for your website. From there, you will create a checklist of ways to improve and optimize based on the SWOT analysis.
- Inbound Link Building – Document inbound link targets for your website. This will help you lay the groundwork for creating better link-building results.