Top Tableau Certification Programs
If you work in a data-rich organization, you probably spend a lot of time prepping, processing, and storing raw data. But once it’s ready to analyze, how can other people easily access your analysis insights? That’s where Tableau comes in. These Tableau certification programs will get you up to speed fast with everything you need to know about this exciting field.
Our Top 5 Picks
1. Data Visualization Nanodegree (Udacity)
Get hands-on experience working with data and visualizations using Tableau to create impactful stories and make data-driven decisions. The online Data Visualization Nanodegree Program provides the skills and knowledge necessary to design, analyze, and communicate data-driven visualizations in Tableau.
During this program, you will utilize Tableau Storypoint, which is the perfect tool for data visualizations. You will learn how to add interactivity, animation, and narration to make your data stories even more engaging and compelling.
- Intro to Data Visualization – Get started with Tableau quickly and easily, learn how to use the various features of Tableau, and develop your own visualization projects and dashboards. This course is designed for data scientists and analysts who want to improve their data analysis and visualization skills.
- Dashboard Designs – Get the skills you need to design sleek and effective Dashboard Designs. This course will teach you how to design, create, and edit dashboards. You will develop your data analysis skills and be able to design custom dashboards that are both efficient and user-friendly.
- Data Storytelling – Learn how to tell a great story with data. This course will show you how to use your data to answer questions and make insights that matter. You will learn how to write data stories that are engaging, interesting, and persuasive within the scope of the problem statement.
- Advanced Data Storytelling – Advance your data visualization skills and learn how to create compelling stories with Tableau Storypoint. This course provides a comprehensive understanding of how Tableau Storypoint can be used to create stories that engage and educate users. This course covers Tableau Pages and Flourish using animation techniques for visuals.
PREREQUISITES: This Nanodegree program requires a basic understanding of statistics and data analysis.
2. Tableau Fundamentals Skill Track (DataCamp)
Learn how to use Tableau to create visualizations that will help you better understand your data. In the Tableau Fundamentals Skill Track, you will explore how to analyze data, create dashboards, and connect data.
In this skill track from DataCamp, you can unlock the power of Tableau’s suite of data visualization, data management, and business analytics tools. At the end of the program, you will investigate a dataset and study customer churn in Tableau.
INFORMATION: This program consists of 5 courses and 24 hours of coursework.
3. Tableau Desktop for Analysts (Pluralsight)
Become an expert data storyteller with the Tableau Desktop for Analysts from Pluralsight. During this program, you will unlock the power of Tableau’s suite of data visualization, data management, and business analytics tools.
First, you’ll study how to collect, prepare, and manipulate data in Tableau Desktop. Secondly, you’ll explore how to communicate data effectively and use calculated fields. Finally, this course will walk you through spatial data, integrated analytics, and dashboards.
INFORMATION: This program consists of 8 courses and 16 hours of coursework.
4. Data Visualization with Tableau Specialization (UC Davis)
To stay competitive in the world of business analytics, you need to understand your data. The Data Visualization with Tableau Specialization from UC Davis can help you achieve success with five courses geared towards Tableau.
Whether you want to learn design principles, visual analytics, or create your own dashboard, this specialization can help you fulfill your goals. Each course is designed to help you understand the basics of Tableau, and progress until you are confident with more advanced concepts.
INFORMATION: This beginner-level specialization consists of 5 courses and takes approximately 6 months to complete.
5. Tableau for Data Visualization (Codecademy)
During the Tableau for Data Visualization certificate course, you can gain a competitive edge by understanding the next generation of data visualization using Tableau.
Whether you want to learn data setup, digital storytelling, or data visualizations, this program will show you why Tableau is a powerful and intuitive tool that helps you make sense of your data.
INFORMATION: This program consists of 5 hours of coursework without any prerequisites.
Best Tableau Certification Courses
Data visualization skills are increasingly important for those who work with data outside of the office as well. Think about all the online dashboards that use visuals to help people understand complex information more effectively.
Tableau data visualization is also getting more specialized, so if you don’t have formal training or experience, now might be the perfect time for you to start learning. Don’t let that hold you back from joining the ranks of visual analytics professionals!
We hope you enjoyed our list of the best Tableau certification courses. Have you tried any of these before? If you have, we’d love to hear from you. Please let us know with a comment below.