Top TEFL Certification Programs
Teaching English as a foreign or second language is a challenging and rewarding career. Prospective teachers need a lot of training to get started on the right foot, which is why getting a TEFL certification is so essential.
Our Top 5 Picks
1. The TEFL Academy
Get the TEFL certification you need to land your dream English teaching overseas or online job through The TEFL Academy. The TEFL certification is an internationally recognized credential and is accepted by both DEAC and OFQUAL.
Its two main programs are 120 hours (Level 3) and 168 hours (Level 5) course. The main difference is that the Level 5 course is more in-depth and gives you 10 hours in the classroom. But all online TEFL certification training program includes all of the course materials, top-up TEFL courses, a guaranteed pass, and help finding TEFL jobs abroad.
- Online TEFL Course (Level 3 – 120 Hours) – Gain in-depth knowledge on how to teach English as a foreign language. This 120-hour course is the gold standard and allows you to be prepared for casual work teaching English in the shortest possible time.
- Online TEFL Course (Level 5 – 168 Hours) – Gain the skills and qualifications to teach English as a foreign language with our online TEFL course. This course gives you everything you need to take your TEFL skills to the next level and to find formal work teaching English.
- Combined TEFL Course (Level 5 – 168 Hours) – This program provides 10 hours of in-the-classroom training accompanied by the 158-hour online Level 5 TEFL & grammar course. You’ll learn to develop lesson plans and you’ll receive six hours of peer-to-peer teaching practice.
- 10-Hour Teaching Practice Course (Webinar) – Gain the confidence and skills to teach and acquire a systematic understanding of teaching skills. In this 10-hour course, you’ll practice teaching with peer support to improve your skills as an educator.
PREREQUISITES: This program has no requirements except for understanding the English language.
2. The International TEFL Academy
Earn your TEFL Certification with a world-class education and training. The International TEFL Academy will guide you through the process of TEFL certification and teach you what you need to know to teach English abroad or online.
The TEFL certification course from ITA is recognized by thousands of employers worldwide, and it’s highly regarded for its TEFL courses, teaching practicum, lifetime job guidance, and individual support. Earn your International TEFL Academy certification and become an English teacher in countries such as China, Japan, Thailand, Korea, Taiwan, and more.
- Online TEFL Certification Course (170 hours) – The course provides you with everything you need to teach English as a Foreign Language, including comprehensive modules on English grammar, classroom management, and teaching methodology.
- Intensive Online TEFL Course (4 weeks) – Gain the skills and certification you need to teach English abroad. This intensive course is interactive providing you with a lifetime of job search guidance to help find your dream job abroad.
- In-Person TEFL Course – Learn the skills you need to teach English abroad with an in-person TEFL course from ITA. These TEFL courses are designed to be completed in as little as 4 weeks, so you can start teaching anywhere in the world.
PREREQUISITES: This program requires a solid understanding of the English language.
3. International TEFL and TESOL Training
Earn your TEFL certificate with one of the world’s most respected TEFL course providers. Whether you’re looking to teach online or abroad, International TEFL and TESOL Training (ITTT) will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need.
The ITTT TEFL certification courses cover everything you need to be a confident and competent English teacher, including teaching techniques, lesson planning, and teaching ESL. After taking one of these courses, you will have the necessary skills to start teaching English as a foreign language immediately.
- Online TEFL Certification Course (120 hours) – Gain the skills you need to teach English abroad including topics like classroom management, language awareness, and phonetics. This 120-hour course is the most popular among ITTT TEFL graduates.
- In-class TEFL Course (4 weeks) – Improve your teaching skills and learn from experts. The ITTT in-class TEFL courses are a very practical investment in your teaching future. Qualified trainers will provide you with relevant skills for teaching techniques in a variety of exciting locations.
- Combined TEFL Course – Get the best of both worlds through both online and in-class learning. This TEFL certification course is a practical and effective way to improve your qualifications and has been designed to meet the needs of the modern work environment.
PREREQUISITES: This program requires fluency in the English language.
4. The TEFL Institute
Teach English abroad with confidence with the TEFL Institute. The TEFL Institute provides all the relevant qualifications, practical experience, and expert guidance you need to teach English as a foreign language (EFL).
With its government-regulated (OFQUAL) courses, you can be sure that you have the best TEFL teacher training available. By the end of the program, you’ll receive an internationally-recognized and fully accredited TEFL certificate, giving you the edge when you apply for that teaching position.
- Accredited Fast Track – The fast track TEFL certificate will give you entry-level employment opportunities and help you to teach English abroad. The cost-effective fast-track TEFL certificate will give you the skills and confidence to become a TEFL teacher in as little as 120 hours.
- Level 5 Ofqual Regulated – With the Ofqual-regulated TEFL certificate, you will gain higher-paying job opportunities in 180 hours or more. Through this course, you will be able to teach both children and adults with expert preparation.
- Hybrid TEFL Course – Through the Hybrid TEFL course, you’ll be able to take your TEFL course and certification in a way that suits you best. Learn the theory and get practical teaching training to quickly start your journey teaching English abroad.
PREREQUISITES: This program requires near fluency in the English language.
5. Premier TEFL
Train to teach English as a foreign language with the premier certified courses and you will be eligible for some of the highest-paying jobs on the market. Earn a TEFL certificate from Premier TEFL and qualify for teaching English overseas.
Get TEFL certified and qualify for a teaching job anywhere in the world. Premier TEFL’s unique and accredited TEFL certification course offers you a fast way to broaden your horizons, experience a new culture, and make new friends from around the world.
- Online TEFL Courses – The Premier TEFL Online Certification will give you the skills to become a TEFL teacher in as little as 120 hours. In this program, you will learn how to create lesson plans and teach effectively in front of a classroom.
- Virtual Practicum Courses – Get the confidence you need to give yourself a head start in your new life in a foreign country. The virtual practicum courses are designed to train you how to become a better teacher through online teaching practice.
- Microcredential TEFL Programs – With a micro-credential, you can quickly and easily add teaching credentials to your resume. Get the skills you need to become an expert and go from beginner to success in no time.
PREREQUISITES: This program requires near fluency in the English language.
TEFL Certification Programs
Make a real difference in the lives of others and start a rewarding career as an English as a Foreign Language teacher.
We hope that you have enjoyed reading this list of TEFL certification programs. Have you ever thought about teaching English abroad?
If you have, please let us know if you’ve ever taken a TEFL course. Did you like it? Please enter your comments in the section below.