Top UX Design Certification Programs
The process of designing user-friendly interfaces is called user experience (UX) design — a term that encompasses how users interact with software or a website. To ensure that your company has the design expertise to compete, you should consider getting an online professional certification. Learn more about UX design certification programs below.
Our Top 8 Picks
1. UX Design Nanodegree Program (Udacity)
UX design revolves around user experiences; creating interfaces and tools that make using a product or service easier for end-users. The UX Design Nanodegree will walk you through building high-fidelity interactive designs
From low-fidelity prototypes to high-fidelity design, the UX Design Nanodegree will prepare you to hand off design concepts to production. Read on to learn more about becoming a UX designer with this nanodegree program from Udacity.
- UX Fundamentals & Design Research – Get hands-on experience with UX design and how to solve user problems. Take the course and learn how to design for a variety of different user needs. Get up to speed with the basics of user research, from conducting in-depth interviews to creating quantitative surveys. Learn how to use research data to uncover opportunities and solve customer problems.
- Concept to Low-Fidelity Prototyping – Get a taste of the design process by learning how to create a prototype. In this course, you will learn how to create a concept and then go through the process of low-fidelity prototyping to improve the design. This course will help you quickly and easily understand how users interact with your prototypes, and how you can improve them.
- High-Fidelity Prototyping to Post-Launch Analysis – Get feedback on the effectiveness of your users as they interact with your product. Understand how users interact with your product in order to develop more engaging designs. Learn how to improve the engagement of your products through usability testing and experimentation. From user research to post-launch analysis, this course will help you learn how to improve user experiences and improve key performance indicators.
- CAPSTONE – UX Portfolio Design – Gain an understanding of the key components that appeal to target audiences and what makes a great UX design. Understand the challenges that designers face when designing for a specific audience and how feedback can help. You’ll learn how to design a user experience portfolio that communicates your unique value proposition to potential customers. You’ll also learn how to keep your portfolio up to date and reflect the latest trends.
2. MicroMasters® Program in UX Design and Evaluation (HEC Montreal)
The MicroMasters® Program in UX Design and Evaluation from the HEC Montreal business school is a unique opportunity to get world-class training in user-centered design and evaluation—without the lengthy time commitment.
First, you’ll study the UX research and design process with a focus on user-centric design. Next, you’ll start prototyping and move to evaluate your designs. Finally, you will study how to leverage insights from your design and move to the management side of things.
3. Google UX Design Professional Certificate (Google)
The Google UX Design Professional Certificate is specifically designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to become a UX design professional.
Altogether, this 7-course program covers everything from design, prototyping, and research to user experience. By the end of the program, you will be armed with the necessary tools to help you succeed in the competitive field of UX design.
4. UX Design Learning Path (Pluralsight)
The UX Design Learning Path from Pluralsight is the perfect way to show that you have what it takes. During this comprehensive program, you will learn from industry experts how to build a user-centered design process and design engaging user interfaces.
This program is designed to take you through the entire UX design process, from creating prototypes to understanding the psychology of interaction. Upon completion, you will be able to include what you’ve learned in your professional UX portfolio.
5. Professional Certificate in Human-Computer Interaction (Georgia Institute of Technology)
The Professional Certificate in Human-Computer Interaction from Georgia Tech contains 4 skill-building courses and takes 6 months to complete. But the focus of this program is more on the heuristics of user interface design for building better UX designs.
First, you’ll learn the fundamentals of design principles for human-computer interaction. Next, you’ll explore cognition, context, culture, and prototyping. Finally, you’ll start to understand the design lifecycle with Agile methods and beyond.
6. UI / UX Design Specialization (California’s Institute of the Arts)
Get your hands dirty with California’s Institute of the Arts UI / UX Design Specialization. This practical and beginner-friendly course will enable you to conceptualize strong UX designs that you can include in your professional UX portfolio.
Throughout the program, you’ll study design concepts such as visual elements, information architecture, and wireframe prototypes. Stand out from the crowd and learn how to build high-impact UX designs.
7. User Interface Design Specialization (University of Minnesota)
This User Interface Design Specialization will give you the tools you need to build a beautiful interface and a successful UX design portfolio. Throughout this program, you will explore the principles you need to know to be successful in the UX design field.
By learning how to implement user research, design, and prototyping, you’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the design process and learn how to create positive user experiences. Sign up today for this specialization from the University of Minnesota.
8. Introduction to UI and UX Design (Codecademy)
During the Introduction to UI and UX Design from Codecademy, you’ll get a deep understanding of the main principles of interaction design, and learn how to design high-impact user experiences that are easy to use and don’t frustrate your users.
Most importantly, you’ll get the training and skills you need to land a high-paying UX design job. Learn the in-demand skills you need to succeed as a UX designer, without the expensive tuition or time commitments of a degree program.
Top UI/UX Design Certification
In today’s digital world, design has become an essential skill. Users have more choices and more information than ever before.
Experience working with UX designers can help you improve your business’s website, app, in-store displays, and other digital experiences.
We hope you enjoyed our list of UX design certification courses. If you have any comments, please let us know with a comment below.